Chinese Carbon Wheels

Meezo

Is that a fake Specialized as well?

Looks like an SL2 ... so well before they started 'faking' Specialized. :whistling:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only paid R168 vat extra at Capemail.

Hi, I appreciate your prompt response.

I would also like to know if the invoice reflects the correct amount paid for the items, I was informed by Aliexpress that they do not declare the correct price of the item, instead they will send it as a gift valued at US$170.00. Please advise if that is the way it was done in your case.

Regards

Louis

What is V or U is it something to do with braking service?

What is the difference between the carbons ,3k ect?

Need some advise please

My Dream wheels 808 dimple Zipps!!!!!!!

What is V or U is it something to do with braking service?

What is the difference between the carbons ,3k ect?

Need some advise please

My Dream wheels 808 dimple Zipps!!!!!!!

V and U refers to the rim shape with the U shape being more stable and predictable in crosswinds and the 3k, 12k and ud referring to the finish of the end product

post-26136-0-29061700-1399894549_thumb.jpgpost-26136-0-58378900-1399894560_thumb.jpg

I would also like to know if the invoice reflects the correct amount paid for the items, I was informed by Aliexpress that they do not declare the correct price of the item, instead they will send it as a gift valued at US$170.00. Please advise if that is the way it was done in your case.

Regards

Louis

Does it matter what the his invoice says? if you budget 16% on the full price for duties and handling fee's and the wheels are still a bargain, then go for it. if you manage to land them with a "gift value invoice" then you are getting an even better deal.

Assume that you will be paying worst case scenario and anything better is a bonus with regard to customs duties and charges. You cannot rely on what is said on a site, and sometimes customs adjust the value as well as the index should they take a closer inspection.

I have had clothes marked as bicycle parts and customs have changed the index to clothing where there is 40% duties rather than 0% duties.

Regards

Louis

It would seem I scored slightly...in all fairness I think that might be the true manufacting cost... :ph34r:

Regards

Louis

I smell a sars rat....

The tubbies mentioned in post #3 are for sale

PM me if any1 interested!

will put up add sometime this week!

Couldn't wait for my cassette...had to see how its gonna look!

post-12122-0-47484500-1399808365_thumb.jpg

Rocking generic carbon wheels and slapping ZIPP stickers on them is lame.

Rocking generic carbon wheels and slapping ZIPP stickers on them is lame.

He's already concurred and also pointed out that it wasn't his choice ...

Any thoughts on the braking perfomance of these wheels vs more expensive carbon wheels? Dry and wet weather?

Keen to order a set of rims and build them up, but as a friend said, all carbon braking surfaces are not equal.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be placing a order on wheels from Flyxii shortly if anybody is interested in joining.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so flippen excited, I ordered a set of 38 x 21mm Ud matt carbon clinchers from Dengfu.

Its currently in the UAE.

It needs to hurry up now!!!!!