Chinese Carbon Wheels

Meezo

One can get a 60/80mm Clincher combo from Flyxii for 450 incl shipping.

Not sure on the quality of them tho....

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost?

Looking good.

$480 which included shipping + R312 vat to SARS.

Was originaly concerned about price versus quality compared to others. Supplier was happy to answer all my questions and in the end decided to give it a go. So far delivered as promised, the finish is fantastic and run true. Will see how they perform on the road.

BTW. Thanks to Meezo for his suggestion of 3k matt. Very happy I decided to go with his suggestion. :thumbup:

Edited by Pusher

I am looking for a 50 - 60 mm set with Alu brake track, anyone seen any. I am worried about heat build up on these wheels which may not have the R&D of the more conventional brands and also dont feel like changing brake pads when swopping my training wheels for the deep sections.

• 1 month later...

Ok first off, I do apologize, I didn't read the whole thread. So if some of my questions have already been answered, I really am sorry.

Ok, so I'm looking for a set of 50mm wheels. 56mm would be fine too I guess. From what I have read, I see these wheels are all 25c. Is that correct? Or am I missing something? Are there 23c wheels available? Does anyone have any experience with the carbon clinchers? I too am very concerned about the heat build up under breaking.

And what would it cost (roughly) to get the wheels here, on the bike?

China with its own post?mmmm

I'm pretty sure ALL carbon components(90%) come from china.

The only difference with buying direct is the better price and no branding.

Speak to Leonard (Carbon Concepts) here on the hub. I bought a set of his 50mm wheels and have done a couple races on the wheels!

Great service and a great product! Haven't noticed anything faulty from the wheels under braking which is your concern

Ok first off, I do apologize, I didn't read the whole thread. So if some of my questions have already been answered, I really am sorry.

Ok, so I'm looking for a set of 50mm wheels. 56mm would be fine too I guess. From what I have read, I see these wheels are all 25c. Is that correct? Or am I missing something? Are there 23c wheels available? Does anyone have any experience with the carbon clinchers? I too am very concerned about the heat build up under breaking.

And what would it cost (roughly) to get the wheels here, on the bike?

Pm Meezo or babse as they have brought these in. They ride league as well so should be able to give you feedback as to hard riding conditions.

I am looking for a 50 - 60 mm set with Alu brake track, anyone seen any. I am worried about heat build up on these wheels which may not have the R&D of the more conventional brands and also dont feel like changing brake pads when swopping my training wheels for the deep sections.

Some of the chinese rims are being tested up to 240 degrees C, which compares well with the branded rims.

• 3 weeks later...
What do you guys do to stop the brakes screeching like a wounded pig?

Move caliper ever so slightly..... Camber in or out

Edit : not arch, the caliper holding the brake block

Edited by Meezo

Hey everyone. Been looking at some Chinese carbon clinchers, somewhere between 38 and 50mm. I weigh about 105kgs, so going mainly for looks and and a bit of aero and weight advantage over my mavic aksiums.

First question is what is the difference in the widths of the wheels? I see some are 19mm, 23mm and some even 27mm. Then there's shape differences too, some have straight walls, some have U shapes and some even bulge out a bit... if I'm riding 23c tyres will any of this make a difference or are some of them non-compatible and I'd need to get 25c tyres?

Then in terms of brands, light-bicycle seems to have the best range of rims and hubs, and seem to build for heavier riders. Anyone have any experience with them, or can recommend a brand that is fine with heavy riders?

Then of course the hubs and spokes question.... anything to avoid, again bearing in mind my weight?

Lastly would it mad looking at carbon wheels for my mtb - I ride XC but am not specifically gentle. Is it worth looking at a carbon AM wheelset at my weight or rather just go with ztr Arch EX on hope pro 2 straight pull hubs.

I'm also looking at a set of Carbon wheels.My question 40/60 or 80 mm.Will use wheels mostly for racing ans SA's next year

I'm also looking at a set of carbon wheels for road.Will use them for racing

Question 1-What'sthe best 40/60 or 80mm

Question 2-Where to buy a set

Hey everyone. Been looking at some Chinese carbon clinchers, somewhere between 38 and 50mm. I weigh about 105kgs, so going mainly for looks and and a bit of aero and weight advantage over my mavic aksiums.

First question is what is the difference in the widths of the wheels? I see some are 19mm, 23mm and some even 27mm. Then there's shape differences too, some have straight walls, some have U shapes and some even bulge out a bit... if I'm riding 23c tyres will any of this make a difference or are some of them non-compatible and I'd need to get 25c tyres?

Then in terms of brands, light-bicycle seems to have the best range of rims and hubs, and seem to build for heavier riders. Anyone have any experience with them, or can recommend a brand that is fine with heavy riders?

Then of course the hubs and spokes question.... anything to avoid, again bearing in mind my weight?

Lastly would it mad looking at carbon wheels for my mtb - I ride XC but am not specifically gentle. Is it worth looking at a carbon AM wheelset at my weight or rather just go with ztr Arch EX on hope pro 2 straight pull hubs.

At your weight I would recommend 60mm rims as they will build a slightly stiffer wheel and be more aero. The general consensus is that the wider U shaped rims are more stable in cross winds, so try and get at least 25mm wide. As for tyres, both 23 and 25mm can be used, but be aware that a 25mm on a wide rim might struggle to clear your frame, especially on your front wheel. Most of the chinese wheels use Novatec hubs and they are not bad hubs. Some allow for upgrades to DT Swiss, but this obviously increases the price. At your weight I would maybe look at using a 28/24 spoke configuration.

You could also PM CCD who sells his own branded range of wheels (Concept wheels) and ask him to build you a strong set of wheels. He also offers a 2 year warranty and it is easier to deal with someone who is local and his prices are not too shabby.