Chinese Carbon Wheels

Meezo

I'm also looking at a set of Carbon wheels.My question 40/60 or 80 mm.Will use wheels mostly for racing ans SA's next year

You could also use 60/60, 60/50, 50/50 or 88/60 and 88/50. I prefer a deep wheel, but you also have to decide what is best for you. Most people will tell you that 88/88 is too deep for road races as the front gets very twitchy in wind. I would love to test a set to see how they really are. I would suggest a set in the 50 or 60 range as an all rounder. I myself am also busy with a carbon wheelset, but I have chosen my own set of hubs from White Industries which I imported from USA and am planning to get some rims from Leonard (CCD on the hub)

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Anybody gone the option of ordering carbon 29er rims for their mtb?

Saw one link to the light bicycle site, anyone use anyone else?

Anybody gone the option of ordering carbon 29er rims for their mtb?

Saw one link to the light bicycle site, anyone use anyone else?

how soon you wanna order? I want but not right now

how soon you wanna order? I want but not right now

Howzit Meezo - when's not right now?

Im not in the biggest hurry - could possibly wait for you no problem.

Couple of months?

Anyone ordering soon or in a few months? I am looking fo a set of light road wheels (24mm or around there +-1.1kg)

Anyone ordering soon or in a few months? I am looking fo a set of light road wheels (24mm or around there +-1.1kg)

I also want a 50mm carbon deep section tubby to alternate, let me know. I've got a nice Campy Shamal that I bought last year, but I want to pimp my ride with the tubbies...Shamal's will still be for racing.

Let me know when you ready and from where. I'm looking for a 38/50 combo.

look like we can do a group buy iam also in the market for a low profile carbon clincher

Looks like we are 4 in CPT and 1 in Potch. Who has done it before and able to setup for the group buy?

Looks like we are 4 in CPT and 1 in Potch. Who has done it before and able to setup for the group buy?

Provided you've got a single supplier, one person is in contact with them.

Let them know that it's a group by and request drop price. Their discount normally come in 5+ items. But ask even if its 2.

Then because they are aware its a group buy, they will request payment, for your own safety have everyone pay them (the supplier) themselves (the requesters). With the groupbuy reference number used on payments. A simple Google doc can be used to keep track of who's ordering what. Also it can be requested that they(the supplier) ships to different locations (addresses)

Good luck.

Have patience!

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/paul-lew-gives-masterclass-in-carbon-wheel-dynamics/016163

http://road.cc/content/news/114442-paul-lew-talks-wheel-dynamics

read these articles re: flex, stiffness, compliance of wheels. The bigger you are the more spokes you should have, the added weight and aero drag of extra spokes is so small you will never know, but the added stiffness will be very aparent. These low spoke counts are a marketing effort to sell wheels.