Should i upgrade my bicycle yet

Blake

I have Giant Revel 4 with standard brakes. I have driven 2100km within 3 months and continued to use it when i want to go out about 40km a day. My friends have Scott bicycle with broader wheels which seems to go further and better feel. Should i upgrade yet or train with this bicycle longer ?

Altogether had this bicycle for 5 months

Dude... The only thing you can do to be happy is ride what you want. If you think upgrading is better, go for it - if you can afford it that is.

But don't upgrade just because. 2000kms is not a lot for a bike, and if you're pushing your budget, don't.

Also, why don't you rather see what you can do to make your current bike better? Like a new Wheelset and wide tyres, better brake is necessary or smaller upgrades?

It's always a hard choice but always do what makes you happy... You're is really the only opinion that matters, because after all the advice you may receive, it's your ass on the saddle.

Hope that helps.

I was going to say it's always time to upgrade one's bike but my wife is in the room and she's going to hear me.

Ride it until it irritates you .Then buy a better new one .Sometimes a small thing like a saddle or new grips makes all the difference

Hi jacking here . Is that a Rave 4 you have there ? I am looking at buying the new model just want to know if you are happy with it

Get a new better faster bike,if the wife complains, get a better faster quieter one!

Edited by martinsnyman

I have Giant Revel 4 with standard brakes. I have driven 2100km within 3 months and continued to use it when i want to go out about 40km a day. My friends have Scott bicycle with broader wheels which seems to go further and better feel. Should i upgrade yet or train with this bicycle longer ?

Altogether had this bicycle for 5 months

You should start by taking your bike of your car and start 'riding' it....

Your "friends" being on one bike can be the reason why they go further....

Do you guys ride on soft sand much? Cause that is when broader tyres feels better.

Edited by hayleyearth

I bought an entry level merida 29er a couple months ago and used it for about 700kms before upgrading the entire drive train and brakes.

I am so happy with my decision, my budget was about 5k, so it was either a new fork or drive train. I decided drive train as I felt that was more important at the time. Never looked back. The bike feels so much better, more responsive and so much smoother, making me want to ride even more. So I would say go for it!

Guest Latent Blue

I say save up... drive it in its moer in... then get something new

My wife has the Revel W (with disk brakes). Nice frame, but a lousy front fork. That's what I would upgrade first.

Edited by Blackadder