Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you pack and hand in your blik? And what time does the ride start in the first day?

When do you pack and hand in your blik? And what time does the ride start in the first day?

Looking at the weather, it is going to be extremely cold at the start. Day 1 at least.

Being in sunny / raining UK and planning packing - whats your extremely cold?

Being in sunny / raining UK and planning packing - whats your extremely cold?

Lows of 5 degrees C, so is almost a heat wave for you :-)

Anybody able to just refresh my memory about the size of that black box? We rode 2 years ago and I'm trying to work out some packing. If I remember correctly one was able to send some of your stuff, which couldn't go in the box, down to Scottborough. Must agree, very quiet from organisers' side, would have expected a bit more......

RIARIO, your avatar looks hard-core; what all the crying about the cold???

Every Villain has a soft centre :ph34r:

... Just buy some of those cheap gloves from a protecto wear and Chuck them away or stick in your back pocket.. Then put some newspaper underneath your cycling shirt and throw that away at wp1

Must say I use those first ascent thermals if it's cold and hardly ever have to take them off.. They keep you warn but don't overheat you...I used them in 2012 and it was perfect the whole day

Edited by Stretch

Another option is to ware some thin latex gloves inside your normal long finger gloves. Remove them once it warms up.

I found the pace from the gun warmed me up in no time in 2012, and even more so in 2013.

The single track that replaced the tour of the Dairy Farm milking yard last year also helped!