Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the Adventure again this year and was yet agin blown away at how awesome the route and the organisation were. The new Barn chill zones were fantastic so I really hope they are there a gain next year.

My only criticism would be the prize giving at the end, I see they only recognised the winning male team, no second, third and no mixed and ladies. Surely they can call up all those and at least take a photo. Also no Farmer Glen at the finish was a bit disappointing not to take the usual photo with him.

Also no Farmer Glen at the finish was a bit disappointing not to take the usual photo with him.

I think he did a fantastic job with his time management to be at all those places at once.

I did the Adventure again this year and was yet agin blown away at how awesome the route and the organisation were. The new Barn chill zones were fantastic so I really hope they are there a gain next year.

My only criticism would be the prize giving at the end, I see they only recognised the winning male team, no second, third and no mixed and ladies. Surely they can call up all those and at least take a photo. Also no Farmer Glen at the finish was a bit disappointing not to take the usual photo with him.

I also did the Adventure and he was not there when I came in. He did come through a bit later though, so we got a photo from him then

Maybe you guys are too fast - he was there when we got in (mid field). The guy has two (and on Thursday, three) events on at one time - that he can 'waste' time by hanging around at the finish for folk to have photo's taken is pretty astonishing...

He must be the farmer with the highest helicopter frequent flyer miles of any..!

My wife and I did our third Adventure and we were again blown away by the whole event - the vibe, the organisation, the route, the volunteers and the local communities.

And the trail and weather conditions were perfect - surely not to be repeated anytime soon.

Oh - and I left a polar HR strap and sesor in the showers at Jolivet.

If anyone knows where it might be / who has it, please could you contact me?

I did leave my contact details with 'lost property.'

Maybe you guys are too fast - he was there when we got in (mid field). The guy has two (and on Thursday, three) events on at one time - that he can 'waste' time by hanging around at the finish for folk to have photo's taken is pretty astonishing...

He must be the farmer with the highest helicopter frequent flyer miles of any..!

Granted we did finish close to the front, however the last two years he has been at the line for all finishers to take a photo with. So I guess its not really necessary but it was a really nice touch.

This is a terrible event. The organisation is bad, the route is horrible and technical. The food never tastes nice, the beer coffee is always cold. The showers smell. Your bike never gets washed. The goodie bag is a waste. This event is for the birds. I would not advise anyone to enter next year (till after I have entered again and secured my entry)

My wife and I did our third Adventure and we were again blown away by the whole event - the vibe, the organisation, the route, the volunteers and the local communities.

And the trail and weather conditions were perfect - surely not to be repeated anytime soon.

Nice seeing you again! Where did you okes sleep at the finish ?

Nice seeing you again! Where did you okes sleep at the finish ?

Likewise!

We stayed at a place called the Edison Inn, literally just up the road from the finish.

And the car rental option was also a good choice. Slightly more expensive than booking the bus transfer option, but far more degrees of freedom and mobility at the start and finish.

Edited by flymango

Likewise!

We stayed at a place called the Edison Inn, literally just up the road from the finish.

And the car rental option was also a good choice. Slightly more expensive than booking the bus transfer option, but far more degrees of freedom and mobility at the start and finish.

How much did the rental company charge you for the extra driver insurance ?

How much did the rental company charge you for the extra driver insurance ?

Think it was about R250. And the group B car rental for the 5 days was R1300 (excl. tank of fuel, which I guess will be about R700). So total cost is about R2,250. So between 2 people it's a no-brainer, and also because then one can stay at a surrounding guest house at the start instead of the school. For one person it will be expensive, and with a third person one might need a bigger car.

What's stopping them doing that now....?

Honesty i guess... but also why would you go to all the effort of entering Sani2c just to cheat? You would be cheating yourself more than anything. Lets face it, the top guys are all monitored by officials at points in the race, so if you think taking a cheat route will help, you are very likely to get get found out (the top contenders know who is in front and the team chasing). Added to that i think that the whole thing is more about the ride than actually winning it for 99.99% of the riders. So rather enjoy it and the route. Thats what Sani is all about in the end?