Isuzu 3 towers

martinsnyman

The climbs are not that technical, but they are relentless. You should be more worried with coming down from the towers than going up to them...

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we have previously had this one so i will warn you, you going to get 2 answers, NOT TECHNICAL AND TECHNICAL

PERSONALLY I THINK YOU NEED MORE SKILL THAN A "SANI TYPE" PAVEMENT TRAIL,

keep in mind 90% of the people that know/ride towers are not your weekend warrior variety so they going to tell you its easy,,,, i think if you saying you concerned about your skill it wouldnt hurt to BRUSH UP ON YOUR SKILLS

I am pretty happy with my skills level going down at the moment. Going up is more of a concern as I had a bad winter training wise. So my issue is that if the climbing is Breedts Neck type of terrain, I will be ok. If its more like Magalies Monster with lots of loose single track stuff that just drains the energy, I have even more work to do than I am hoping to do in the time left to train.

The climbs are not that technical, but they are relentless. You should be more worried with coming down from the towers than going up to them...

Thanks lapa. Thats what I was hoping for.

Whats a shortcut?

I never take shortcuts

if only i could keep up to see where you clowns turn off, so i can get back to the lappa before you all already washed and lubed and off to bed

if only i could keep up to see where you clowns turn off, so i can get back to the lappa before you all already washed and lubed and off to bed

Or drunk the bar dry....

• 5 weeks later...

getting excited yet?

For sure.

I'll be riding with Underachiever. And I will be wishing he would underachieve so that I can keep up with him.

waaahaaa its because I drink too much. No jokes...tent was spinning on the eve of day1...Gordon just kept on buying 6 packs...and at 10 bucks a beer...who can blame him.

Ha Ha we almost made a rookie mistake and had too many beers before day 1. Lucky we stopped around 10 beers or was it more.... aaaaaaah can't remember. Looks like I am taking the SS along again this year, going to be fun times

So this will be my first 3 Towers. I know we are in for alot of climbing, that doesnt bother me too much. I have a question about the climbing though, is it mostly "easy" climbing or is it fairly technical climbing? I know they say if you need to ask how technical it is you are not a true mountain biker but I am so far behind on my training at the moment that I really want to focus the time I have left on preparing well for the type of terain instead of just doing lots of miles.

Up not technical at all,downs technical and AWESOME.sorry to be missing it this year.

Up not technical at all,downs technical and AWESOME.sorry to be missing it this year.

Awesome. Sounds Good. Can't wait!!

Mr SingleTrack looking for some shade.....

Legendary Slush puppies...probably had 20 in the 3 days

Laaities drinking slush puppies - what is next??? Riding in Bieber kit?

GET A GRIP!

A new low even by your already low standards.