Saddle: S-Works to Fizik

Has anyone made the move from a wider Specialized saddle to a Fizik?

Specifically from a wider Specialized saddle, 155mm to the narrow Fizik - I dont think Fizik offer varying widths.

I currently use a 155 mm S-Works Chicane which isn't too comfortable and have been wondering about trying a Fizik Arione R1 which seems to be very popular.

Why not try a Spez Phenom 143 test saddle for a while? Everyone's different, people swear by Gobi's but I find it to be hell uncomfortable. I love my Spez Phenom 130. :thumbup:

If you are using a 155mm at the moment an Airione might not suit you. Fizik works on a spine concept principle. Basically it depends how easy you can bend down to reach toes. If you are quite flexible you are termed a Snake so Airione is for you. Antares is for the less flexible Chameleon, and the Aliante is for the least flexible Bull. Test saddles are available from LBS to try out. Checkout http://www.fizik.it/en/saddles/

Edited by Cippo

Thanks for the feedback, I have/had a Spez Phenom 143 mm (unused) and 155 mm (sold) ... but thought I was being cool importing the new Chicane (white) for my new S-Works Tarmac. The carbon rails also seem to cause the saddle to loosen every couple of rides which can be a real pain in the ass - literally.

Will take Cippo's advice and see if the LBS will lend me one for the weekend.

on a sort of similar note:

can one buy replacement rails for the Fizik, specifically for the aliante (least flexible)

Problem with the carbon railed saddles are most of them are oval 7x9mm so you need a specific clamp for your seatpost else you run the risk of damaging rail. I had to buy an oval clamp for my Ritchey seatpost to fit the carbon rail on my Antares.

can one buy replacement rails for the Fizik, specifically for the aliante (least flexible)

Take it to LBS and see if you can't claim under warranty. Alternatively email Fizik to enquire. There are a few for sale in classifieds.

No I dont think you can but I have 3 of them 2 for mtb with technogel and the kium rails, they are great saddles only moved to a Phenom only because my bifefit chick suggested a a wider saddle

I have a white one for road and 2 black ones if you interested PM me

Has anyone made the move from a wider Specialized saddle to a Fizik?

Specifically from a wider Specialized saddle, 155mm to the narrow Fizik - I dont think Fizik offer varying widths.

I currently use a 155 mm S-Works Chicane which isn't too comfortable and have been wondering about trying a Fizik Arione R1 which seems to be very popular.

I have been between the 2 and I think the Fizik is more comfortable but I think the 155mm is a better platform, it took me about 6 weeks to get into it

Just look at it like this pick a saddle and stick with it with those 2 brands you cant go wrong, I changed because i prefer the cutout on the Phenom and I had the snip so the Phenom has taken getting used to but now no looking back

The bottom line both are great saddles i just wish the Fizik was 155mm