2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ever is interviewing him is a frikken douche.

I would respond in the same way if everyone constantly cries when I perform well. Ridiculous...

That interview is a spoof intended to make him look like a cheat. It's fake.

All doped up (and nowhere to go) - from Gazetta dello Sport

Interviewer: How does it feel to be the oldest ever winner of a Grand Tour?

Chris Horner: Old. Very old.

Int: Many say you achieved it through doping.

Snip......Snip.

CH: (Grins) I’m STILL gonna do what it takes to win.

END

Ha, Ha, thats excellent, where did you find it.? Love the humor, almost thought LL wrote it.! :D

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Can`t believe he still does not have a contract.

mmm lets see, American rider - Cannondale, American sponsored team, no GC Contendor, but do you replace your old GC contendor (Basso) with an even older one?

I like the first American Grand Tour winner since LeMond appearing in the overseas press !!

Janse Van Rensburg 8th on the final stage AS A LEAD-OUT MAN!

This man is going to go places.

I have been very impressed with him tis year and this Vuelta.

Big up Van!

And Michael Matthews for OGE, certainly makes up for the main sprinter (+well paid) Gossies lack of results this year.

Great race to watch, loved it.

I get all the 'doper' accusations at the moment as it's quite an incredible success but at the same time... if you're a 41 year old, who raced in the dark days, is about to be the 1st american to win the Vuelta and is still under the shadow of liestrong then you'd have to know that you are going to be tested, scrutinised and dragged over the fricking coals by every scientist, performance analysts, commentator, ex pro, current pro, journo', every cycling fan and all of twitter.

Under that searing spotlight and examination do you really think you'd juice and really think you'd get away with it?

Can`t believe he still does not have a contract.

mmm lets see, American rider - Cannondale, American sponsored team, no GC Contendor, but do you replace your old GC contendor (Basso) with an even older one?

Nodefok.

Cannondale should pick up a youngster if they do.

They have the number 1 ranked UCI rider on their team, who will probably wear the rainbow jersey next season (sagan) i doubt they're looking.

If trek doesn't renew with him no decent team will touch him. (He's a Inconsistent old fart)

The next grand tour wont see Horner in the top 10

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20130916_00743621

Het heeft niet lang geduurd eer Christopher Horner na zijn eindzege in de Vuelta 2013 in opspraak komt. Zondag werd hij nog gevierd als eindlaureaat en maandagochtend was hij al spoorloos voor een dopingcontrole, dat meldt althans de Spaanse krant AS.

De 41-jarige Amerikaan is met ruime voorsprong de oudste winnaar ooit van een grote ronde.

Will be his last Grote Ronde