2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

Ha, Ha, thats excellent, where did you find it.? Love the humor, almost thought LL wrote it.! :D

On twitter timeline for one of the european cycling publications - cant remember which one.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the power data been published, or is it just based on the power of suggestion

Anyway, why cant a 42 year old produce power like that, the problem with being 42 is that you cannnot do it for a whole season and need more time to recover between efforts.

Enjoy the racing, even if your perd aint winning :thumbup:

http://www.srm.de/news/road-cycling/vuelta-a-espana-stage-18/

http://www.srm.de/fileadmin/user_upload/images/news/news_2013/vuelta18_horner_full.png

SA PRO Janse getting a medical check.

A very successful first Grand Tour for him.

:thumbup:

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/lavuelta2013kei25.jpg

Cyclingnews: There has been a lot of stuff on Twitter you may or may not have been aware of over the last few weeks. A lot of it speculation, a lot of it unfair but one of the points was the claim you are a redacted name, number 15 in the USADA report. Do you know anything about that?

Horner: No I don’t know anything about that. I’d have to read up on it or something.

Cyclingnews: I can give you the quote very quickly as I know you’re pressed for time. It’s in Levi Leipheimer’s affidavit, and it says…

Horner: Daniel, Daniel, I’m getting ready to drive right now. So there’s nothing I’m going to know on that. You’ll have to get hold of me another time because I’m on the phone and they’re going to give me a ticket if I’m driving with it on the phone.

Cyclingnews: Can I just ask one last question?

Horner: I’m driving with the phone and I’m going to get a ticket.

An hour later, Cyclingnews called Horner for a second time:

Horner: I’m busy right now. We’ll have to try another time. Thanks.

Cyclingnews: Are you free later on this evening?

Horner: No. I’ve just got home from doing the Tour of Spain, Daniel. I got three kids here and I’m done with the interviews. I’ve already done 200 or something like that. How come you didn’t come to Spain? I’ll let you go, I’m going to spend some time at home. Bye, bye.

[Horner hangs up]

A year after USADA’s Reasoned Decision and cycling is still feeling the aftershocks.

Cyclingnews: There has been a lot of stuff on Twitter you may or may not have been aware of over the last few weeks. A lot of it speculation, a lot of it unfair but one of the points was the claim you are a redacted name, number 15 in the USADA report. Do you know anything about that?

Horner: No I don’t know anything about that. I’d have to read up on it or something.

Cyclingnews: I can give you the quote very quickly as I know you’re pressed for time. It’s in Levi Leipheimer’s affidavit, and it says…

Horner: Daniel, Daniel, I’m getting ready to drive right now. So there’s nothing I’m going to know on that. You’ll have to get hold of me another time because I’m on the phone and they’re going to give me a ticket if I’m driving with it on the phone.

Cyclingnews: Can I just ask one last question?

Horner: I’m driving with the phone and I’m going to get a ticket.

An hour later, Cyclingnews called Horner for a second time:

Horner: I’m busy right now. We’ll have to try another time. Thanks.

Cyclingnews: Are you free later on this evening?

Horner: No. I’ve just got home from doing the Tour of Spain, Daniel. I got three kids here and I’m done with the interviews. I’ve already done 200 or something like that. How come you didn’t come to Spain? I’ll let you go, I’m going to spend some time at home. Bye, bye.

[Horner hangs up]

A year after USADA’s Reasoned Decision and cycling is still feeling the aftershocks.

Horner is far to polite, he shoulda called them something that would really be news worthy...if u get my drift

“It’s a lifetime of hard work to get here. I’ve been professional now for 20 years. The grand tour always holds a special place in every rider to show how good of a rider you are. The team was fantastic. The team supported me every day. I never got sick, I avoided crashing in the first week. There are so many things that can happen in a grand tour. Every day something can happen. I’ve crashed out before when I’ve had great form, and could never show it. I was very lucky in this Vuelta, and I could demonstrate what I always knew I was capable of.”

Horner

Edited by ' Dale

“I’m gong to release all my biological passport, from 2008, the inception of the biological passport. I don’t know how many guys have done that in the past, but I’m going to release all of mine...I think it’s just necessary. Clearly there are a lot of people out there that think the result wasn’t done clean at the Vuelta. I think this will clear up any matter at all, and they’ll have no leg to stand on from this point on.”

Velonews

“I’m gong to release all my biological passport, from 2008, the inception of the biological passport. I don’t know how many guys have done that in the past, but I’m going to release all of mine...I think it’s just necessary. Clearly there are a lot of people out there that think the result wasn’t done clean at the Vuelta. I think this will clear up any matter at all, and they’ll have no leg to stand on from this point on.”

Velonews

Released - analysis has started.

Edited by jcza

Some comments from the interwebs:

Haemoglobin rose 7% over the 3 week race. (it should go down)

Rectics vs mature cell count ratio decreased by more than half (typical of a top-up from a blood bag)

Surprise?

This strengthens my suspicion that the biological passport testing is mostly for show, to make sponsors think it is not possible to cheat.

Some comments from the interwebs:

Haemoglobin rose 7% over the 3 week race. (it should go down)

Rectics vs mature cell count ratio decreased by more than half (typical of a top-up from a blood bag)

Surprise?

This strengthens my suspicion that the biological passport testing is mostly for show, to make sponsors think it is not possible to cheat.

Exactly like Lances... no spikes, just keeping the rider nice and strong <_<