Best sports headphones

Active Monkey

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31DRR%2BkZg%2BL.jpg

R900. Have had mine for 2 years now, they have seen rain, a shower (forgot them in my jersey), bumps, handlebars, frames and they are still as good as new.

And you won't get better sound quality for R900 from earphones.

And they are by far the most comfortable.

Edited by MTB Marinio

I use the Philips earhook headphones.

Got them at Hi Fi Corp.

Cheap, decent sound and will not come out from your ear. Hell, they even worked after ending up in the washing machine.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDQwWDUwMA==/z/ye0AAMXQDfdRwLm9/$(KGrHqRHJC!FG9ZszimiBRwLm9f3HQ~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I have black ones like this...used them in all sorts of muk and they are still thumping.

I do not reccomend in ear buds for road cycling, they cancel more noise than this type that still allows some ambient sound to come in.

My brother totalled himself because he didn't hear his front wheel blow out while descending Glen (8.2%) and he was in the drops, he turned to take a corner without even applying brakes and lost it like a diesel oil slick.

I also have the Skullcandy ones and they are good too.

What I do is thread the phone through my helmet strap and wrap it round once through the inside out before fitting in my ear, that way the cord handing down your back doesn't tug the phones loose while you ride.

musica sells the ironman branded earphones. They mainly work with ipod and iphones. The lock onto your ears and are waterproof for sweat and light rain. Been mtb with them for a year and no problems. About R500

Ya and put the iPod on full volume so that you will not hear the car coming. I will use only one headphone if were you. You need to be aware of what is going on around you and not braindead listening to some rapper swearing about beatches.

I reckon this is one of the better apps out there for people that run with their phones : http://www.essency.co.uk/

It'll allow you to hear that home boy swear about the beatches or listen to Ge Korsten gooi Liefling like there's no tomorrow and hear the mountain lions chasing after you all at the same time. I've never used it cos I don't ride on the road much, but I think the idea is excellent.

err.. since you asked "What is the best Sports headsets? " ,this is

Dr Dre Beats Tour in ear Headphones - White

• High definition audio.
  • Worn by celebrities and sports players around the world.
  • Good looking earphones. Control talk with mic.
  • Ultra-flexible and tangle-free cable
  • Different size buds mean you get the perfect fit for your ear

You better be right about these.

Just ordered a pair. :thumbup:

musica sells the ironman branded earphones. They mainly work with ipod and iphones. The lock onto your ears and are waterproof for sweat and light rain. Been mtb with them for a year and no problems. About R500

Those are the Yurbuds

The best earphones I've tried i.t.o. sound was the Bose ones as mentioned. Have not tried the Dr Dre ones, but believe that they are really good as well. The best ones for sport is Aftershox. It actually sits on your temple and not in your ear. You can still slisten to the music - and it has a really good sound - but it does not cut the noise from the surroundings.

The best earphones I've tried i.t.o. sound was the Bose ones as mentioned. Have not tried the Dr Dre ones, but believe that they are really good as well. The best ones for sport is Aftershox. It actually sits on your temple and not in your ear. You can still slisten to the music - and it has a really good sound - but it does not cut the noise from the surroundings.

I have a pair of those aftershokz. they are great, but you need to keep them charged and they cannot handle calls etc. Edited by Wayne Potgieter

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31DRR%2BkZg%2BL.jpg

R900. Have had mine for 2 years now, they have seen rain, a shower (forgot them in my jersey), bumps, handlebars, frames and they are still as good as new.

I've got these as well, really nice. I'm on my third set of Bose IE headphones though. In the USA they have program where if you bring in you old (previous model) headphones, one pays half price on a new set. Not that there was anything wrong with the units I traded in. Had the 3 sets over a space of 6 or so years.

Using the Bose sport. Awesome sound, comfortable, never fall out and you can still hear ambient noise. Don't have to take them out to have a conversation, just pause on the remote.

I have a pair of those aftershokz. they are great, but you need to keep them charged and they cannot handle calls etc.

These are actually great - you can hear the traffic and talk to your mates whilst listing to music. And there is an option that can handle calls also...