Best sports headphones

Active Monkey

When I ride I listen to podcast, when i run i listen to music and same when i do cardio at teh gym. However the earphones I have tried all fall out after a while and the wires get in the way.

What is the best Sports headsets? must be "waterproof" for light rain and work on iphone?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsman's sell proper sports headsets.

There are a few different models.

I use a Pioneer set that wraps around the ear. They sweat proof and so far so good.

I posed this question here when my sons wanted to get their mum a set for running. I was pointed in the direction of the adidas/Sennheiser range.

Edited by Tumbleweed

Bose.

I have the pair that sits in your ear. Doesn't move and you forget that you are wearing them.

They have a sports hybrid pair, which come in different colours, I stuck with the normal black/grey ones.

You can't go wrong with Bose, even though they might be pricey.

Sport ones

The ones I have <-- they go for about R900 at Dion Wired.

I use Skullcandy, but the bit more expensive ones. Think they were around R450. The sound quality isn't bad (nothing compares to Sennheizer and similar brands), but it's half the price and if you break it and take it to their head office you get 50% off on your next purchase of the same value headphone...

Ya and put the iPod on full volume so that you will not hear the car coming. I will use only one headphone if were you. You need to be aware of what is going on around you and not braindead listening to some rapper swearing about beatches.

Would recommend something from the sennheiser range, if price is not of concern.

You also should probably consider if sound quality or usebility and comfort is most important to you before making a decision.

I personally wouldn't spend a lot on a set that would be used for training /sports. I have had two sets fail on me in this manner.

Edited by Wilhelm87

I use the Philips earhook headphones.

Got them at Hi Fi Corp.

Cheap, decent sound and will not come out from your ear. Hell, they even worked after ending up in the washing machine.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDQwWDUwMA==/z/ye0AAMXQDfdRwLm9/$(KGrHqRHJC!FG9ZszimiBRwLm9f3HQ~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

err.. since you asked "What is the best Sports headsets? " ,this is

Dr Dre Beats Tour in ear Headphones - White

• High definition audio.
  • Worn by celebrities and sports players around the world.
  • Good looking earphones. Control talk with mic.
  • Ultra-flexible and tangle-free cable
  • Different size buds mean you get the perfect fit for your ear