Post your car p*rn

Behan

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Original GTi. You know this... 

The convertible Golf1 as built by Karmann. But yes, that was 35 years ago also.

CRAZY, imagine you bought 10 and put them in a shed,,,,,,,who knows whats the next highly collectable car will be  in 25 years time please :eek:

Land Rover Defender 2015 model. I'll bet my own R500 000 on it if I had it! :)  

Edit: I know that's like cheating, because it already is a 60 year old classic ;)

Edited by DJR

I had a Mk1 2 door GTi which I sold for R12k when I went to the UK.

I still cry about it...

:(

Dude... How long ago? 

Depending on the condition, you could have had upwards of R 120k for one now... 

Dude... How long ago? 

It was in 2007.   The garage I was going to leave it in suddenly became unavailable and I was out of options.  It went far too cheaply at the time, and that just gets worse as more time passes.

You've made me shed a fresh tear :(

Dude... How long ago? 

If it was a 2 door and a GTi would have been an import... we only got 4 door GTi's here and funnily enough still do :-(

Import or not, I loved it. 

yeah man i'm sure... i lusted over 2doors for years but parts are just to scarce so settled on building a 4door...

No car from the last 10 years or so will ever be a classic. Once the electronics start going, who the hell is going to fix it? "Uh, Mr Mechanic, can you just whip up a new circuit board for this?"

22b scooby.

Ahh man now we talking. I almost bought one 5 years ago as I had the cash but GF(now wife) and Parents said NO so instead I bought investment property, they all much happier but I was de moer in. One day I WILL still go and get one.