Post your car p*rn

Behan

Sold my 79 series LC the other day and don't regret the decision at all. Too loud, too harsh and too thirsty.

The old FJ above (I think from the early 1980s) is certainly harsh. No power steering, no brake booster, drum brakes, a gearlever that shifts on intuition, leaf springs like you would expect an 18 wheeler to have. It has more rattles and leaks oil just like a Land Rover It shakes and jumps and make moves on its own. I've never taken it above 85 km/h for fear of it exploding. But is will go absolutely anywhere (have proof) and carry a ton of rocks (have proof) without complaining. It also has character, which is rare these days.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old FJ above (I think from the early 1980s) is certainly harsh. No power steering, no brake booster, drum brakes, a gearlever that shifts on intuition, leaf springs like you would expect an 18 wheeler to have. It has more rattles and leaks oil just like a Land Rover It shakes and jumps and make moves on its own. I've never taken it above 85 km/h for fear of it exploding. But is will go absolutely anywhere (have proof) and carry a ton of rocks (have proof) without complaining. It also has character, which is rare these days.

I had a Landcruiser bakkie 1991 model new shape.Took that in and out and up and down through CKGR and the other game reserves in Botswana.Called it the Monster,because nothing could stop it.Indestructable.Unfortunately it was also the thirstiest car I have ever come across.It beat my V8 Landy County hands down

• 2 weeks later...