So Giant may dump their 29ers!

nigelhicks

Whateva!! I love riding my 20 naai-ner. Ride whatever you want to. I dont care! Its your choice to ride what you want to. Most important.... FARKING ENJOY IT!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that. Maybe in the US where 29 is god because its an American thing. What will lead the market is how the 650B is doing on the competition circuit.

Then you have the die hards who bought into a stupid concept for weak wheels hat needs a wider hub, rear triangle that needs a funny bends in the stays for heel clearance.

I wonder what the failure rate is on 29 frames....

Nou wie het nou weer die Leeu se blerrie snorbaard getrek? Koop wat jy van hou en gee daai martelpyp gas.

Edited by Moridin

I doubt that. Maybe in the US where 29 is god because its an American thing. What will lead the market is how the 650B is doing on the competition circuit.

Then you have the die hards who bought into a stupid concept for weak wheels hat needs a wider hub, rear triangle that needs a funny bends in the stays for heel clearance.

I wonder what the failure rate is on 29 frames....

Seems to me like your 29er rims broke?

excuse to buy another two bikes.

wheel size = ego.

Simple marketing is that for every different size wheel, there will be different geometry, different tyres, different rimes, different gear ratios, different ride experiences and most important more money will be spent on maintenance, bikes ext.

Just more marketing talk all this. For nothing other than Sales sales sales

Listen to what Sauser says: bigger is better.

In future Giant riders will then just have to be satisfied with riding back of the pack. That should boost their sales..

Just more marketing talk all this. For nothing other than Sales sales sales

Listen to what Sauser says: bigger is better.

In future Giant riders will then just have to be satisfied with riding back of the pack. That should boost their sales..

But Sauser has got 3 more horsepower than me to keep those big hoops going

I LOVE Giant. I would love to have a 650b Trance to play on the trails with. For long distance and stage racing I am not sure, for this I would maybe wanna stick to the Anthem 29er. For a hardtail I would definitely want it in 29". For small to medium sized riders the Anthem 650b would be great.

all marketing......I quite like santa cruz's route, juts make everything in a varying array of wheel sizes without really punting a particular wheel size and let the public buy what ever they like.......Im sticking with my 559mm wheels

Read the whole article before comment about it.

Giant did extensive test and all their team riders was faster on the 650B bikes.

The tests also show the weight saving with the 650B out weight the little better rolling of the bigger 29 inch wheels.

The test also show the contact patch of the 26 inch wheel is 6cm for the 27.5 wheel 8cm and 29 inch 9cm.

Will be interesting to see if some of the other world cup XC riders is also on 27.5 inch wheels if they will be able to give Nino Schurter on his Scott Scale RC 27.5 a go.