training after being bitten by a spider

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also got bitten by a sac spider twice within a month. First time 6 bites. Second time only 1 bite.

Antibiotics both times. Stayed away from training for about a week each time. Fully recovered. No scars or marks now.

Felt pretty crap both times.

Suggest you take it easy until you have finished the course of antibiotics

Where the heck were you sleeping?

I wanna hear the spider's side of the story. We have only heard the OP's version of events. The OP even called spider a bad name.

I wanna hear the spider's side of the story. We have only heard the OP's version of events. The OP even called spider a bad name.

i am a spider.was minding my own bussiness sleeping under my duvet when this man with smelly feet nearly squashed me and the missus making out.i decided to bite him where it will realy realy hurt as he will then not be able to make out with his missus.i only got as far as his ankle and decided i have to get back to my missus with her 8 lovely legs and just left a reminder on his ankle.i see it worked as he is now sleeping with his foot on a pillow above the duvet.regards spider.

ok so back from the doc.between antibiotics and some boereraat that involves linseed and activated charcoal ,it seems as if the infection has been stopped.now it is apparantly between 6 and 8 weeks of treating the wound where the tissue has died.watch out for those 4 legged f ers.

went for a 10km run last nite and everything seems to be holding fine.today is swimday for me and it is just a schlep waterprooving the wound.as the weather is currently in cape town it seems i can just go outside and swim.thanks for the well wishings.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so it has been just over a month after the bite.the wound is slowly healing and i am off the anti biotics.just some honey based wound gel 3 times a day and micropore.dr says it will still take a month or 2 for the wound to close.training going fine.spiderman lives another day.

• 1 month later...

wound has finaly closed after having some dead tissue cut out.now to try and make a plan with the scarring.if anyone wants to know anything about plasters speak to me as i am now an expert.

not so lekker

Had a similar bit on my shoulder blade. SUCKED! Now have a hole and hard tissue around it +- 5cm in diameter.

Take proper care of that.