SA MTB Ballies (over 30) Mentalities ??? Please explain

nigelhicks

Seriously - I'm in.

I actually "built" a course last year. Mostly it involved plotting a course then smashing it multiple time with my mx bike. There is a rough route now. The plan was to make this the outside loop then start adding twisty/bermed/jump/drop offs inside the loop to make multiple routes (ridden both ways).

MY OFFER STANDS, OR ILL CONTRIBUTE TO CASUAL LABOUR, ILL BE MANAGEMENT UNDER THE GAZEBO GIVING OUT COKES AND BEERS

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously - I'm in.

I actually "built" a course last year. Mostly it involved plotting a course then smashing it multiple time with my mx bike. There is a rough route now. The plan was to make this the outside loop then start adding twisty/bermed/jump/drop offs inside the loop to make multiple routes (ridden both ways).

I will braai and supply food :thumbup:

Eldron ... send me co-ords of your property and i will try and mash something up on Google Earth for you

Mr. Hicks - you rock sir.

Co-ords are: 26 08 07.58S and 28 18 29.42E

Before you get going I'll send you a pic of the property with the area marked off that we can use (don't wanna be smashing my daisies, gazanias, chickens and electricity boxes you know).

To everyone else - I'll arrange a build a track day with Eldron. Also known as beer and braai day.

I have a Moses that can lift houses to sweep underneath etc. If we need to hire a bobcat so be it.

Off to Ghana for 2 weeks but will be in touch.

I love it when a plan comes together :-)

Noooooo! He's dangerous enough just on foot! Mixing three volatile ingredients like Tumbles, beer and bicycles is a recipe for disaster.....

And now we're throwing a Bobcat into the mix! Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!

Congratulations! You've been put in charge of beer procurement, consumption and distribution. Unfortunately it'll mean that you will have no time to operate the Bobcat but I'm sure women, children and small animals all over the neighbourhood will be pleased with this state of affairs :-)

@Nige - you have PM!

Seriously - I'm in.

Cool Play ground i will come and play. I need the training.

Apparently they handle like a golfcart... :ph34r:

Mr. Hicks - you rock sir.

Co-ords are: 26 08 07.58S and 28 18 29.42E

Before you get going I'll send you a pic of the property with the area marked off that we can use (don't wanna be smashing my daisies, gazanias, chickens and electricity boxes you know).

To everyone else - I'll arrange a build a track day with Eldron. Also known as beer and braai day.

I have a Moses that can lift houses to sweep underneath etc. If we need to hire a bobcat so be it.

Off to Ghana for 2 weeks but will be in touch.

I love it when a plan comes together :-)

Bobcat did i here bobcat. I will show you how to wheelie it it cool.

Apparently they handle like a golfcart... :ph34r:

Bobcat did i here bobcat. I will show you how to wheelie it it cool.

Ask Tumbles how he fits into this picture...

post-17843-0-33622100-1378308855_thumb.jpeg

I'm sure there must be Hubbers in the Oos Rondt who can sponsor the use of a digger in exchange for a few season tickets ...

I'm sure there must be Hubbers in the Oos Rondt who can sponsor the use of a digger in exchange for a few season tickets ...

There are east rand hubbers who rent out BIG earthmoving kit.... will look for details on my phone later.

There are east rand hubbers who rent out BIG earthmoving kit.... will look for details on my phone later.

I sent him a PM... and a link to this thread...

I sent him a PM... and a link to this thread...

Uh oh. It appears Eldron's property is gonna be more Whistler than Benoni XCO :-)

Should be fun!