TBMTBC what you are not allowed to talk about on FB group

Guest Smimby

Guest Smimby

I am starting this here since we are not allowed to ask so many questions on the FB page.

Since post either gets deleted or you get a warning. It looks like most people dont even post there anymore anyway.

And since it is more anonymous here, you can come and voice your opinion.

Hopefully we can discuss here things like.

How to maintain a trail in the summer?

How do you make fence climbing easier with your bike in hand?

Should club financials be public or members eyes only?

How does one prevent member board duplication?

Are you allowed to ask how the club will benefit from a certain event?

Edited by Smimby

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about whether members can get a copy of the club constitution when it's requested. Or have the constitution readily available on the club's website.

Fandacious not the point. They are a club, governed by certain protocol which is not being adhered too. Communication is key in any organization.

Guest Smimby

Fandacious, the only problem is that they do actually have nice trails VERY nice ones......it is just that you can not ask or suggest anyting.

What / who is TBMTBC???

Table mountain something something??

Why is the financial affairs of any importance to any non-members of said club??(it's not like it's tax payers monies being administered?)

Anyone sad enough to want to duplicate members boards...just to avoid paying club feess - well that's just a sad little individual!! Karma will catch up to you...as well as gravity!!

Fandacious not the point. They are a club, governed by certain protocol which is not being adhered too. Communication is key in any organization.

Agreed, but if they dont stick to the rules, what can you do?

Hence the request for a copy of the constitution.

Do your best to enforce that they do. I dunno - maybe it's just me that stands on my principles but if we all just give up then what is the point of the rules in the first place...

What / who is TBMTBC???

Table mountain something something??

Why is the financial affairs of any importance to any non-members of said club??(it's not like it's tax payers monies being administered?)

Anyone sad enough to want to duplicate members boards...just to avoid paying club feess - well that's just a sad little individual!! Karma will catch up to you...as well as gravity!!

Tygerberg

As a paying member you should be able to get requested information. Just a quick calc, without sponsorships the club is getting over ZAR1 mil just for membership fees (and that's on the low end), with that kind of cash flow wouldn't you want to know what's being done with all the money?

And yes, I've met some individuals that were discussing making copies of other boards in order to by pass having to pay membership.

Guest Smimby

We come cry here

:(

Guest Smimby

I think that most of them stick to the rules. It seems that one person however acts on his own.

He is the main reason for this page, everything you ask or discuss on the FB page gets deleted...and since he is the power there, we can only come here with out ideas and discussions

Tygerberg

As a paying member you should be able to get requested information. Just a quick calc, without sponsorships the club is getting over ZAR1 mil just for membership fees (and that's on the low end), with that kind of cash flow wouldn't you want to know what's being done with all the money?

And yes, I've met some individuals that were discussing making copies of other boards in order to by pass having to pay membership.

Thanks

And there I was... - thinking all is well in the land of milk & honey!!!

with those amounts generated from membership...I think the taxman should also sit up & take notice!!

Forensic audit of the books!!! Even charitable organizations must have autited books nowadays!