Which side is your rear brakes?

Joeboy69

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it, eveyone uses the rear much more than the front.

Dunno about that. I change front brake pads twice as often as rear. I suppose I don't use rear brake to adjust 'cruising' velocity either. Brake hard when it is needed otherwise leave them alone as much as possible.

Can you believe it?.....

How is it possible that so many bikes can be built up with the brake levers installed on the incorrect side?

Heehee

Dunno about that. I change front brake pads twice as often as rear. I suppose I don't use rear brake to adjust 'cruising' velocity either. Brake hard when it is needed otherwise leave them alone as much as possible.

I am not guessing.

I see this daily with bikes coming into the workshop. 90% of the time, the rear pads are 70% further worn than the front.

If you use your front more ... goooood on you, you fall into the 10% that uses the brakes correctly!

oh and I am obviously talking mtb.

Only way you can brake without feathering or controling your crusing speed is ... roadie or downhiller.

On the road you dont use brakes much, you can control your speed in the peloton by swirwing in and out of the slipstream.

But then its best to avoid riding close to the nervous-on-the-brake-noobs in the peloton.

I bought a bike from Planet X and they gave the option of which side to have the rear brake. RHS for me.

I write & throw with my left hand and do everything else with my right hand (golf, tennis, cricket & stuff etc.) :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Edited by Jigghead

This is the worst case I have ever seen of "How to Fark up your caliper, piston and rotor ... not even to mention brake pad!" When you use the piston to brake, not the brake pad! :ph34r:

What worries me ... this would have made a moerse noise for a moerse long time and this person didnt notice! :eek:

But then again, Shimano's doesnt make a noise, only Avids does! :lol: (evil laughter)

post-4352-0-17806300-1376455834_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tankman

Aah this old topic again.

Most stopping power comes from the front brake. Crusing speed is controlled with the rear. Lets face it, eveyone uses the rear much more than the front.

Not if you've owned a motorbike, If that was the case you wouldn't make it out of your driveway.