Amashova 2013

fabs

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been around about 25 or so years. Its the oldest classic in the country. I was just too young back in the early day they only allowed people over the age of 16 to ride.

Pity the organisers and the city of Durban cant grow the event.

IMO beats 94.7 hands down, yet 94.7 manage to get the city and its people behind the event, much like Cape Town does with the Argus.

Unfortunately for the first 15 years that the event was held the Road Traffic Inspectorate would not permit more than 1000 entries - they they gradually upped it - once the City of Durban endorsed the race It has grown Andydude - we have over 8000 pre entries - KZN's biggest race numbers wise! Good luck to all the riders this weekend - travel safely and we look forward to welcoming you at the finish at the stadium! Annie and Melissa

When will hubbers leave for DBN or PMB ?

I'll be on my way to DBN at 10 am on Friday. . .

O , ja , please keep me and the other hubbers up to date with any extra ordinary traffic conditions and or speed traps . . . Once my Kombi gets going , it doesn't want to stop ! ( :ph34r: )

O , ja , please keep me and the other hubbers up to date with any extra ordinary traffic conditions and or speed traps . . . Once my Kombi gets going , it doesn't want to stop ! ( :ph34r: )

A number of Average speed sections starting from van Reenen...

It is quite possible that those cameras will be too slow to capture your Kombi though:)

Prozac, Cyclewizz and Andydude - we can all sit on Garfield's wheel with his deep sections pulling us along and take a turn whenever it drops below 30kph (over 30kph and his aero advantage kicks in so he can pull us all along)! :thumbup:

Then in last 500m we can fight it out. :whistling:

Then we'll be alright, because there's nowhere where less than 30kph is justified. Thanks Garfield!

When will hubbers leave for DBN or PMB ?

I'll be on my way to DBN at 10 am on Friday. . .

We got an early flight on Friday morning.

When you all going to registration?

Travel safely all!

We'll also be leaving on Friday... I will most probably make a swing past registration on Saturday.

Who's all in the VA group?

We got an early flight on Friday morning.

When you all going to registration?

Travel safely all!

\

registration most probably Saturday morning before I take the kids to Ushaka . . . and Ice Cream on the beach.

\

registration most probably Saturday morning before I take the kids to Ushaka . . . and Ice Cream on the beach.

Come rain or Blistering Sun . . . Ons is mos Vaalies . . . thus can be seen on the beach in rain :ph34r:

\

Cool. We probably going Friday around lunch time.

We'll also be leaving on Friday... I will most probably make a swing past registration on Saturday.

Sorry oom , you are alone in VA ?

There are quite a lot of hubbers that will sit on Garfield and Andy249's wheel in AL :whistling:

There are quite a lot of hubbers that will sit on Garfield and Andy249's wheel in AL :whistling:

:eek:

Problem is that I don't have deep sections and since it is mostly over 30kph it is up to Garfield to pull the whole of AL. :whistling:

You giving me the kilo back? :w00t:

:eek:

Problem is that I don't have deep sections and since it is mostly over 30kph it is up to Garfield to pull the whole of AL. :whistling:

You giving me the kilo back? :w00t:

surely Jens wouldn't ride without deep sections. He wouldnt look so much pro.

I'm in VA too!