Amashova 2013

fabs

Been moved from VA to C, despite last years sub 3?? Not to happy as I have lost 10 KG of body mass and was looking forward to a good ride.

Now you can be in the front of C . . . Have fun !

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am riding the 106km and my young daughter the 65km.

We are staying in Durban and it seems she must be on a bus at 3h45 for the 5:30 start.

I can catch the 6h00 bus for my 7:20 start.

Bit concerned about this set up.

Should I just drive to her start and then to mine and get someone to drive my vehicle back to Durban.

Not very happy with sending her off at that time of morning alone.

Anybody else in the same boat?

I am riding the 106km and my young daughter the 65km.

We are staying in Durban and it seems she must be on a bus at 3h45 for the 5:30 start.

I can catch the 6h00 bus for my 7:20 start.

Bit concerned about this set up.

Should I just drive to her start and then to mine and get someone to drive my vehicle back to Durban.

Not very happy with sending her off at that time of morning alone.

Anybody else in the same boat?

That would be ideal, especially if you had someone to drive up with you and drive back straight away. Have to check with road closures exactly how to get back through town though. 03:45 is quite early in the morning!

That's not the same scale?

Both have the following scale:

Vertical: 100px = 100m

Horizontal: 100px = 10km

Don't get mislead by the graduations. The Argus vertical graduations are every 50m, the Amashova vertical graduations are every 100m. This does not change the scale.

P.S. some times thehub's html causes the images to be resized. Click on the images to view at the original size.

Edited by garyvdm

AL 7:06 am

looking forward !

+1

A batch - 7:05

Also in A batch. See you Hubbers there!

Where you all staying?

Just to rant a bit more.

Every month you get better (hopefully) so why do they use the last 3. How about the last 2 or 1. Enough ranting.

Will just pass the majority of the b bunch again.

Using the last three allows for problems etc. If they used your last race and you had a puncture or mechanical then you would be back in such a low group and probably rant more that you in an even lower group. It also keeps everyone in a more of a stable average with less movement up and down the seeding groups. Some would drop due to problems in the last race and then ride in lower groups which are too slow for them while others would then be promoted and ride in groups which are too fast for them causing them to be dropped in the first few km.

I am starting 7:41. I only have one seeded race to my name so far. The plan is for my wife to drop me at the start (I live near the finish). I have to look at the closures to guage a route for her to take home.

Also in A batch. See you Hubbers there!

Where you all staying?

I'm staying with a friend.

Would you be keen to do an EASY ride on Saturday morning ???

Maybe we can also get breakfast.

Anyone staying in PMB that will be willing to pick up a few race packs for us? We are three friends only able to leave Bfn at 10 am on Saturday.... Once in PMB we will call you to arrange pick up of the race numbers...

Also how the hell are we supposed to get back to PMB afterwards?

Also how the hell are we supposed to get back to PMB afterwards?

There is a bust from Durban to PMB after the race. IIRC there is some info on it somewhere back in this thread.

Luckily my farther in law lives in Toti... so we going a few days before and leaving a few days after the race. Nice little get away

I'm staying with a friend.

Would you be keen to do an EASY ride on Saturday morning ???

Maybe we can also get breakfast.

You staying with me you twit! :P Unless you want to go stay on the beach?

We will do a nice breakfast ride on the Saturday. :devil:

Logistically this race is a nightmare- how is the weather looking.

It does take a bit of planning for logistics but not too bad.

Not sure on weather as that can change in a few hours. I have had pouring rain at the start but full sun by halfway. Even rain-dry-rain-dry before. So just race whatever the weather.