MotoGP

SeaBee

It looks like it could be a fantastic season of racing that awaits! It's only the first race and already there were some VERY REAL performances in just this first installment!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shaite, that's not good. No wonder he hasn't been performing to his normal (pre-problem) level. Not cool...

A possible re-entry from Stoner, even though he swore he'd never return?

I highly doubt it will be Stoner, not interested.

They are speculating on Tito Rabat which would be amazing, but I reckon it could be Miller time.........

What i loved seeing was Marques scything his way through the field again... Joh - the way he was backing it in to the corners all the time - I'm sure his tyres were TOAST by the end of it... And all of them were clean. 

Not all his moves were clean, his pass on Bautista was ugly as hell and I believe deserving of a penalty the way he merely barged him out of the way. Not a racing incident.

They are speculating on Tito Rabat which would be amazing, but I reckon it could be Miller time.........

Not all his moves were clean, his pass on Bautista was ugly as hell and I believe deserving of a penalty the way he merely barged him out of the way. Not a racing incident.

probably missed that one given i was screaming at the tv... 

Davioso clocket 357km/h the one time, Lorenzo could only muster 338km/h (Rossi's top speed was 341km/h.) But that's been Yamaha's achilles heel all these years, a brilliant package overall, but with a deficit when it comes to outright speed. (even the R1's suffers from it)

Not quite, that comes down to the "live" telemetry that isn't always accurate as posted by dirtypot. As for the Yamaha speed, it's actually not bad, you can see initial drive out of the corner is where they are very good, just at the end of the run without a slipstream they suffer. If you want to talk about slow bikes you have to mention A. Espargaro and Vinales, but they ride the wheels off those machines, very impressive and shows that the Suzbox has a very good chassis.

The R1's top speed deficit comes to it being fat, nothing else. But don't worry, the new one is going to change that. Sheridan Morais has been testing it in Spain and it is fast, very fast. So fast in fact that he claims his mother could win Nationals with it :P

What i loved seeing was Marques scything his way through the field again... Joh - the way he was backing it in to the corners all the time - I'm sure his tyres were TOAST by the end of it... And all of them were clean.

Bautista would disagree :P Even though that pass was rough, it was very fair. Bautista was wide and left a gap, any racer would dive up there. The fact that Marquez managed to shear the brake hose on the Aprilia during that pass is unfortunate though.

If it was 18 months ago MM93 would have ended up on the deck. Good for him in recognising that 5th is a miraculous recovery from the back, even though he's won two races from the back (Valencia Moto2 and Motegi Moto2, two of the most insane rides that I have ever seen).

I'm praying that it's Stoner, even though I know it's not going to be Stoner. Johnny Rea must be kicking himself just a little bit in defecting to Kawasaki, but he's on a strong package there so I'm sure he's not too upset. If they give the factory ride to Miller I'm going have a hissyfit.

I've said my part about the Marquez/Bautista incident above, he didn't barge him. T13 Jerez 2013 was a barge, not this, he sat him up. Same way Jorge grabbed a minute piece of tarmac to sit Dovi up into T1 at one point in the race. If you leave a gap at that level you're going to get mugged, it's as simple as that.

Edited by bertusras

Not quite, that comes down to the "live" telemetry that isn't always accurate as posted by dirtypot. As for the Yamaha speed, it's actually not bad, you can see initial drive out of the corner is where they are very good, just at the end of the run without a slipstream they suffer. If you want to talk about slow bikes you have to mention A. Espargaro and Vinales, but they ride the wheels off those machines, very impressive and shows that the Suzbox has a very good chassis.

The R1's top speed deficit comes to it being fat, nothing else. But don't worry, the new one is going to change that. Sheridan Morais has been testing it in Spain and it is fast, very fast. So fast in fact that he claims his mother could win Nationals with it :P

Bautista would disagree :P Even though that pass was rough, it was very fair. Bautista was wide and left a gap, any racer would dive up there. The fact that Marquez managed to shear the brake hose on the Aprilia during that pass is unfortunate though.

If it was 18 months ago MM93 would have ended up on the deck. Good for him in recognising that 5th is a miraculous recovery from the back, even though he's won two races from the back (Valencia Moto2 and Motegi Moto2, two of the most insane rides that I have ever seen).

I'm praying that it's Stoner, even though I know it's not going to be Stoner. Johnny Rea must be kicking himself just a little bit in defecting to Kawasaki, but he's on a strong package there so I'm sure he's not too upset. If they give the factory ride to Miller I'm going have a hissyfit.

I've said my part about the Marquez/Bautista incident above, he didn't barge him. T13 Jerez 2013 was a barge, not this, he sat him up. Same way Jorge grabbed a minute piece of tarmac to sit Dovi up into T1 at one point in the race. If you leave a gap at that level you're going to get mugged, it's as simple as that.

I'm not getting into a keyboard debate.

Leaving a gap is one thing but Marquez physically hit Bautista so hard it forced him to retire.

Here is the article:

http://www.motorbiketimes.com/news/people/celebrity/bautista-blames-marquez-for-his-retirement-in-qatar-$21385019.htm

I think the fact that he got close enough to shear the brake hose and sensors says enough.

Why should another rider have to suffer because the boy who laid the golden egg had a crappy start.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

The link in the post above doesn't work so I searched for another news source and found this. Grammar nazis DO NOT click this link!!!! They make SA based journos seem like the custodians of Queen's English! Repeat, DO NOT click on this link if you're a grammar nazi!

http://www.qatardailystar.com/motogp-qatar-bautista-blames-marquez-for-retirement/

(If anyone else can understand this English, please translate it into English the rest of us will know!)

Edited by Tubehunter

The link in the post above doesn't work so I searched for another news source and found this. Grammar nazis DO NOT click this link!!!! They make SA based journos seem like the custodians of Queen's English! Repeat, DO NOT click on this link if you're a grammar nazi!

http://www.qatardailystar.com/motogp-qatar-bautista-blames-marquez-for-retirement/

(If anyone else can understand this English, please translate it into English the rest of us will know!)

bloody hell...

MotoGP Qatar: Bautista blames Marquez for retirement

Posted by: admin in Qatar 1 day ago 0 28 Views

Gresini Aprilia’s Alvaro Bautista has blamed reigning MotoGP World Champion for his retirement from yesterday’s Qatar competition and alleges a Repsol Honda male strike him so hard, he wiped out all a front sensors and a front brake.

Marquez was on a precipitate adult after using far-reaching during a initial dilemma and was fundamentally going by a container from passed final like a prohibited cliche by butter and clattered Bautista on his approach to a fifth-place finish.

“In a initial path in spin series six, Marc entered so fast, strike my bike and he destroy my front stop and also all a front sensors so we have to come behind to a pitlane,” pronounced Bautista, vocalization during Qatar.

“It was unfit to continue. I’m contemptible since Marc is a good guy, though he has been too assertive in a past in these forms of situations. we consider it is usually right to indicate it out to him since it’s risky.

“Today we was propitious since we didn’t crash, though it doesn’t take most to get harm out there. So, like we said, we weren’t means to finish a exam currently though we contingency not forget this part and we need to be meditative about a subsequent turn in Austin already.

“It is a really opposite lane than this one where we’ll have a event to check all a information collected this weekend to rise a bike and demeanour for ways to improve.”

Its been google translated hence the underwater hebrew

Its been google translated hence the underwater hebrew

I know, but still - yikes! It's stuff like this that makes me despise internet journalism. In another language? No problem - just pop it in GT and WHAMMO!!! Final copy, done!

No need to copywrite it? Editing? Grammar checks? 

Oh, no, don't worry about that, Google did it!

bloody hell...

MotoGP Qatar: Bautista blames Marquez for retirement

Posted by: admin in Qatar 1 day ago 0 28 Views

Gresini Aprilia’s Alvaro Bautista has blamed reigning MotoGP World Champion for his retirement from yesterday’s Qatar competition and alleges a Repsol Honda male strike him so hard, he wiped out all a front sensors and a front brake.

Marquez was on a precipitate adult after using far-reaching during a initial dilemma and was fundamentally going by a container from passed final like a prohibited cliche by butter and clattered Bautista on his approach to a fifth-place finish.

“In a initial path in spin series six, Marc entered so fast, strike my bike and he destroy my front stop and also all a front sensors so we have to come behind to a pitlane,” pronounced Bautista, vocalization during Qatar.

“It was unfit to continue. I’m contemptible since Marc is a good guy, though he has been too assertive in a past in these forms of situations. we consider it is usually right to indicate it out to him since it’s risky.

“Today we was propitious since we didn’t crash, though it doesn’t take most to get harm out there. So, like we said, we weren’t means to finish a exam currently though we contingency not forget this part and we need to be meditative about a subsequent turn in Austin already.

“It is a really opposite lane than this one where we’ll have a event to check all a information collected this weekend to rise a bike and demeanour for ways to improve.”

Anyone able to figure out with the bold text above was trying to say??

This is very poor journalism!

Is Marc going to get a penalty point for this?

He got one last year when he did the same thing to Dani - although Dani crashed because of it...  But still.

I know, but still - yikes! It's stuff like this that makes me despise internet journalism. In another language? No problem - just pop it in GT and WHAMMO!!! Final copy, done!

No need to copywrite it? Editing? Grammar checks? 

Oh, no, don't worry about that, Google did it!

I use Babylon for all my translations and its much more accurate

Anyone able to figure out with the bold text above was trying to say??

This is very poor journalism!

Reverse GT then use Babylon

Is Marc going to get a penalty point for this?

He got one last year when he did the same thing to Dani - although Dani crashed because of it...  But still.

I don't think he should. There was a gap, he took it, Bautista tightened up mid corner and there was damage to his bike as a result of the contact. Racing incident, nothing more.