MotoGP

SeaBee

What ever happened to Garry Mccoy, he could slide a bike into any corner.

Hell yeah. He'd be going sideways in a straight line!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah. He'd be going sideways in a straight line!

...but not always intentional! :whistling:

Do you remember a memroable save by him, sliding on his knee after losing the front till it regained traction.

Google didn't bring anything up, but in hindsight I think it may have been Jeremy Mcwilliams.

This is Gary on the old Yamaha 500 2 stroke:

post-35569-0-20648700-1399290839_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-21147300-1399290841_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Guest dirkieuys

Do you remember a memroable save by him, sliding on his knee after losing the front till it regained traction.

Google didn't bring anything up, but in hindsight I think it may have been Jeremy Mcwilliams.

This is Gary on the old Yamaha 500 2 stroke:

post-35569-0-20648700-1399290839_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-21147300-1399290841_thumb.jpg

Gary had style on that 500, loved watching how he'd bomb into corners.

Guest Omega Man

Hate to say it again but Stoner and Marquez on the Repsol's would be a sight to see.

Everybody seems to foget that Stoner had the same MO of pulling a gap and then managing it. Really think he is the only one, if there is anybody at all, that could perhaps give Marquez a challenge.

Rumor has it Lorenzo will be on a Repsol bike next year with Dani jumping across to Suzuki. That opens the way for Pole Espargaro to get onto the works Yam. He's got a long term contract with Yamaha promising him the next works bike that comes up.

Rumor has it Lorenzo will be on a Repsol bike next year with Dani jumping across to Suzuki. That opens the way for Pole Espargaro to get onto the works Yam. He's got a long term contract with Yamaha promising him the next works bike that comes up.

Did Doc not say he's outta there next year ?

Guest Omega Man

Nothing official. But all the stuff I wrote is just rumor too.

Jip that's how I see it happening too, except I think Pol doesn't deserve the Factory Yammie but is only getting because he has the preferred passport.

TBH it's the only way they can spice this circus up. Imagine the Moto2 fights between Pol and MM with Pedro and Jorge thrown in. Still think we will see quite a few years of MM dominance. He might even fall over every now and then and let somebody else win. If we are lucky......

He said he would assess his future on the first few races of this year. Given the success of the first 4 GP's, and the fact that he is actually beating Jorge at times (despite being, like, a decade his senior) I reckon he's gonna stay on for a while longer. Which is great news! I love the guy.

Guest Omega Man

He said he would assess his future on the first few races of this year. Given the success of the first 4 GP's, and the fact that he is actually beating Jorge at times (despite being, like, a decade his senior) I reckon he's gonna stay on for a while longer. Which is great news! I love the guy.

Ja. I reckon.

I'm the worlds biggest Rossi fan but to be honest I'd like him to retire and they get both Espargaro brothers in the Works Yamaha team.

I don't think he'll ever be a match for Marquez. And that make me sad.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Jip that's how I see it happening too, except I think Pol doesn't deserve the Factory Yammie but is only getting because he has the preferred passport.

Ja. That's why Crutchlow went to Ducati. Yam told him straight up that the next works ride was going the way of Pol.

Ja. That's why Crutchlow went to Ducati. Yam told him straight up that the next works ride was going the way of Pol.

Cal spat out the dummy big time this weekend!!!!

Feel for him, that first year on the Tech3 was epic but all that momentum is gone now. Another rider to take the Ducati paycheck thinking they could perhaps be the 2nd rider to be able to tame the red beast!!

I rate Aleix over Pol any day. Not quite sure why the older brother didn't get the Factory nod.

As for Rossi, I think he should retire while having regained a bit of his former glory. He has proven he still has it to be quick but ultimately he will never catch Marquez. I also think Lorenzo has had a rough winter having undergone 4 ops with very little training. He will recover and then Rossi will be pushed to match him.

Guest Omega Man

Cal spat out the dummy big time this weekend!!!!

Feel for him, that first year on the Tech3 was epic but all that momentum is gone now. Another rider to take the Ducati paycheck thinking they could perhaps be the 2nd rider to be able to tame the red beast!!

I rate Aleix over Pol any day. Not quite sure why the older brother didn't get the Factory nod.

As for Rossi, I think he should retire while having regained a bit of his former glory. He has proven he still has it to be quick but ultimately he will never catch Marquez. I also think Lorenzo has had a rough winter having undergone 4 ops with very little training. He will recover and then Rossi will be pushed to match him.

I agree with everything you've said. How odd. Hahaha.

Now for some real mans racing. 19 days till the Isle of Man. Yeee. With Dunlop jumping ship to BMW I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict 3 wins for Big John. A win on the little bikes for William Dunlop. And the Stocker win going to Cam Donald.

Conor Cummins might be an outside bet if Mc Guinness runs into trouble on the big bike.

If anyone calls Guy Martin for a win I'm gonna come over there and slap them.

Edited by Omega Man

I agree with everything you've said. How odd. Hahaha.

Now for some real mans racing. 19 days till the Isle of Man. Yeee. With Dunlop jumping ship to BMW I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict 3 wins for Big John. A win on the little bikes for William Dunlop. And the Stocker win going to Cam Donald.

Conor Cummins might be an outside bet if Mc Guinness runs into trouble on the big bike.

If anyone calls Guy Martin for a win I'm gonna come over there and slap them.

Great minds think alike, fools rarely differ.........

I quite like mutton chops, have you watched the TT3D movie. If not, you should!!! Very interesting, based around Guy but was the year Hutchie took 5 wins.

Big john is also riding the Mugen E-bike, so maybe another win there.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)