MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like that shoulder is causing JL any problems .

Lets hope for Vale sake it RAINS !!!!

Ugh these comments (not aimed at you specifically) annoy me so much. No, I want to see the best motorcycle racers in the world go as fast as they possibly can without conditions affecting the outcome. 

Ugh these comments (not aimed at you specifically) annoy me so much. No, I want to see the best motorcycle racers in the world go as fast as they possibly can without conditions affecting the outcome. 

kind of agree, but also dont. The best rider should be able to ride in the wet and the dry - else he is just a fair weather rider.

Watching Rossi in the wet is awe inspiring. you can then appreciate just how phenomenal he is.

I reckon he could give Johnny Walker a run for his money in the dirt  

Edited by facmp

kind of agree, but also dont. The best rider should be able to ride in the wet and the dry - else he is just a fair weather rider.

Watching Rossi in the wet is awe inspiring. you can then appreciate just how phenomenal he is.

I reckon he could give Johnny Walker a run for his money in the dirt  

Except, and I quote

Valentino Rossi: “I‘m very happy and proud of this victory, it‘s a great feeling! I think that the last race on the wet that I won was ten years ago." - Silverstone, 2015

Doesn't look like that shoulder is causing JL any problems .

Lets hope for Vale sake it RAINS !!!!

Lets see how that shoulder holds up after 15 laps.....

Lets see how that shoulder holds up after 15 laps.....

What they said about Iannone's dislocation at Aragon and he got a 4th, I think.

Lorenzo broke his collarbone on a Thursday at Assen a few years back, had it operated on and raced the Saturday to a 5th place.

He will be fine, don't worry.

If anybody wants to win they will have to race him. No waiting him out.

Then you need to apply that logic to stuff like traction control, RnD budgets, sponsor biase too.

I saw an interview with Smith, where he says all he ever has to do on a MotoGP bike is pin the throttle. Say the word Traction Control to anybody who rode a 500cc and they will laugh at you...

So in a sense, there is always some condition tilting it in favour of some rider. Be it some dude getting a better ride because he was born in the country where Repsol is based and brings sponsorships with, or a guy who weighs 50kg and only has to pin the throttle on a 250hp beast and doesnt full understand throttle control like others....

Rain has always been seen as a semi neautraliser bringing the most "naturally" talented guys to the front, in car and bike racing....

Edit: Remember Gobert on that Bimoto a few years back. He was probably stoned at the time too ;)

Edited by Patchelicious

"I reckon he could give Johnny Walker a run for his money in the dirt"; I'd like to see it.

Marquez can't even stay on a bicycle offroad  :devil:  and I think he got his leg broken trying to compete with some dirt (track) biker in the off season.

Sissies I tell you  :eek:

Then you need to apply that logic to stuff like traction control, RnD budgets, sponsor biase too.

I saw an interview with Smith, where he says all he ever has to do on a MotoGP bike is pin the throttle. Say the word Traction Control to anybody who rode a 500cc and they will laugh at you...

So in a sense, there is always some condition tilting it in favour of some rider. Be it some dude getting a better ride because he was born in the country where Repsol is based and brings sponsorships with, or a guy who weighs 50kg and only has to pin the throttle on a 250hp beast and doesnt full understand throttle control like others....

Rain has always been seen as a semi neautraliser bringing the most "naturally" talented guys to the front, in car and bike racing....

Edit: Remember Gobert on that Bimoto a few years back. He was probably stoned at the time too ;)

Your quote by Smith makes me think of playstation racing games. When you can't make headway you just whack on all the assists like ABS, TCS, etc and in that way all you have to do is keep to the right lines, hit your apexes and you're golden.

Thats why I loved Casey Stoner and now love watching MM, you can just see that they are relying much less on the electronics than most. In fact it's a fact that CS used very little in the way of TCS. 

Lorenzo, for me, looks like someone who is heavily reliant on the electronics. His style dictates this with those crazy lean angles and corner speed he carries.

Again that's just how I see it.

"I reckon he could give Johnny Walker a run for his money in the dirt"; I'd like to see it.

Marquez can't even stay on a bicycle offroad  :devil:  and I think he got his leg broken trying to compete with some dirt (track) biker in the off season.

Sissies I tell you  :eek:

I should have written that in comic sans. Wasnt being completely serious. JW is probably the only motorcycle rider who I like more than Rossi. He is just something else, that young man

Your quote by Smith makes me think of playstation racing games. When you can't make headway you just whack on all the assists like ABS, TCS, etc and in that way all you have to do is keep to the right lines, hit your apexes and you're golden.

Thats why I loved Casey Stoner and now love watching MM, you can just see that they are relying much less on the electronics than most. In fact it's a fact that CS used very little in the way of TCS. 

Lorenzo, for me, looks like someone who is heavily reliant on the electronics. His style dictates this with those crazy lean angles and corner speed he carries.

Again that's just how I see it.

Maybe MM should turn his electronics up a bit least till he stops falling off ;)

Schwantz says electronics have made MotoGP boring

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/schwantz-says-electronics-have-made-motogp-boring/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HXqZh5oTK0

Jorge Lorenzo came out on top in an epic duel with his teammate and title rival Valentino Rossi to take his 4th pole of the season.

Movistar Yamaha’s Lorenzo enjoyed an incredible duel with Rossi during the 15-minute Q2 session, eventually coming out on top by just 0.081s. The Spaniard, who has topped every session so far at the Motul Grand Prix of Japan, ended up setting the fastest ever lap by a MotoGP™ bike around the 4.8km Twin Ring Motegi despite the cloudy and cool conditions (Track temp. 25˚C). Lorenzo set a 1’43.790 on his final flying lap, knocking over seven-tenths off Andrea Dovizioso’s 2014 Pole Record (1’44.502). The man who trails Rossi by just 14 points in the standings utilised a two-stop strategy after experiencing some front-end issues on his first run.

Rossi knew he had to put in a good qualifying performance to not let Lorenzo get away at the front during Sunday’s race, after Lorenzo has led from flag to flag during his 6 wins this season. The Italian managed to take over a second off his best time in practice to start from second on the grid in only his fourth front row start of the season and best Qualifying performance since Assen.

Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez (+0.426s) impressed despite riding with a broken bone in his left hand to finish third fastest. It is the 13th time this season the reigning MotoGP™ champion has been on the front row.

The Ducati Team duo of Andrea Dovizioso (+0.532s) and Andrea Iannone (+0.646s) were next up in fourth and fifth respectively as they made use of an extra set of aerodynamic winglets on their GP15’s and the extra soft tyre. It was Dovizioso’s best qualifying performance since Barcelona, while Iannone showed no ill effects of his re-dislocated shoulder to start from the second row for the sixth time this season.

Marquez’s teammate Dani Pedrosa (+0.792s) will start from the back of the second row after improving his time best time from practice by over 1.3 seconds in Q2. It is the third consecutive time that the Spaniard has lined up on the second row of the grid this year.

Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Aleix Espargaro was seventh as he also benefitted from the extra soft tyre, ahead of Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) on the leading Satellite bike in eighth. Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Bradley Smith will start from 9th, despite crashing twice during the session. The Brit went down at turn 5 and the turn 12 after also crashing in FP3, but still managed to complete 5 laps in the session.

Maverick Viñales (Team Suzuki Ecstar) completed the top ten after making it through from Q1 along side EG 0,0 Marc VDS’s Scott Redding, who will start from 12th.

Wildcard Katsuyuki Nagasuka (Yamaha Factory Racing Team) will start form 15th, with Hector Barbera on the Avintia Racing Ducati the leading open class rider in 18th. Aspar MotoGP Team’s Eugene Laverty and Nicky Hayden will start from 20th and 21st respectively as just 0.092s separated the teammates.

E-Motion IodaRacing Team’s Alex De Angelis had earlier brought out the red flag in FP4 as he crashed heavily between turns 9 & 10 and was airlifted to Dokkyo Hospital for treatment.

Check out the full MotoGP™ Qualifying results; the 24-lap race kicks off 14:00 local time in Motegi on Sunday.

Yeah it was close as ****!!!!

Think tomorrows race will be like the 2010, fairing bashing race between Lorenzo and Rossi. Dont think the HRC boys are that far behine either. The dukes ahould be going well for the first few laps on the super soft too.

What time does the race itself start tomorrow morning guys??