MotoGP

SeaBee

We see the same thing in Superbikes where Tom would go out and lead by half a lap only to destroy his tyres allowing Jonathan to take the race . 

Feel a bit for Bran Binder . He was closing in on that 2nd place .

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lorenzo's fast rabbit starts and trying to break everyone in the 1st 3 laps, cost him in this race where tyre wear was worse because of the changing conditions. Wrong strategy this time around.

Patience pays off sometimes, and in this case Pedro played all the cards right.

Marc thankfully settled for a finish this time around, hope he learns from this year that you do not have to win or bin, and that a 4th is sometimes the best you can get.

Lorenzo's fast rabbit starts and trying to break everyone in the 1st 3 laps, cost him in this race where tyre wear was worse because of the changing conditions. Wrong strategy this time around.

Patience pays off sometimes, and in this case Pedro played all the cards right.

Marc thankfully settled for a finish this time around, hope he learns from this year that you do not have to win or bin, and that a 4th is sometimes the best you can get.

Yeah, but TBH I side with the commentators on this one (and his post race interview) where they say he was battling to get heat into the tyres due to his size. And with his size, he couldn't push it in those conditions as hard as Lorenzo could. He's also kinder on the tyres than Lorenzo. And Pedrosa is TINY. 

Because of that, he had far more grip when he eventually could get the tyres up to operating temperature, and just blitzed the whole pack. I mean, taking 1.6s in one lap!? That's crazy. 

Yeah, but TBH I side with the commentators on this one (and his post race interview) where they say he was battling to get heat into the tyres due to his size. And with his size, he couldn't push it in those conditions as hard as Lorenzo could. He's also kinder on the tyres than Lorenzo. And Pedrosa is TINY. 

Because of that, he had far more grip when he eventually could get the tyres up to operating temperature, and just blitzed the whole pack. I mean, taking 1.6s in one lap!? That's crazy. 

The conditions gave Pedro a chance to win yesterday, in the dry the Yamas would have been long gone into the distance.

Lorenzo will have to be more dynamic in his thinking, he's a 1 strategy guy, and Rossi is running rings around him when it comes to strategy. Rossi has had alot of training on Gibernau/Biaggi/Stoner etc. and the old man adapts fast to circumstances.

I'm happy that Dani won - I've always been a Pedrosa fan, and it's nice to see him fit and healthy and actually riding aggressively again.  It's been a while since he's done that, but the last few races he's been getting better and better.

Rossi did incredibly well in this race too - from the unbelievable qualifying (his weakness) to the great launch - him and Lorenzo blitzed everyone else.

Looking forward to next weekend :clap:  

The conditions gave Pedro a chance to win yesterday, in the dry the Yamas would have been long gone into the distance.

Lorenzo will have to be more dynamic in his thinking, he's a 1 strategy guy, and Rossi is running rings around him when it comes to strategy. Rossi has had alot of training on Gibernau/Biaggi/Stoner etc. and the old man adapts fast to circumstances.

Absolutely. Glad Pedro got a  win though. 

Lorenzo knows how to control a race from the front, that's for sure. But he's being out-thought by the other guys. 

Absolutely. Glad Pedro got a  win though. 

Lorenzo knows how to control a race from the front, that's for sure. But he's being out-thought by the other guys. 

Was quite interesting to hear him say in an interview that he is good and fast when he's out front and can into his zone. Control the race from there. But that he knows he's not the best when his rhythm gets disrupted and he has to fight it out in the pack.

Was quite interesting to hear him say in an interview that he is good and fast when he's out front and can into his zone. Control the race from there. But that he knows he's not the best when his rhythm gets disrupted and he has to fight it out in the pack.

He's VERY fast when in front. I wonder to what extent he's relying on the electronics on that thing, and how he (and the rest of the pack) would react if they were all to be removed. 

AFAIK it's only Rossi who has extensive experience in that sort of situation on bikes that big without all the other gumpf

What they said about Iannone's dislocation at Aragon and he got a 4th, I think.

Lorenzo broke his collarbone on a Thursday at Assen a few years back, had it operated on and raced the Saturday to a 5th place.

He will be fine, don't worry.

If anybody wants to win they will have to race him. No waiting him out.

Mmmmmmm you see the fade at the end? I am pretty sure it was a combination of the injury and deterioration of the tyres.

I think just has a lot more dog in him than Lorenzo ( will fight for the last scrap and not just give up) he is a  true racer!! Marquez is another one that is a true racer , he will try anything to win . Lorenzo  is more of a test bike rider, good at doing laps , but not much when its close. 

I m glad for Pedrosa, from wanting to quit  because of injury, to taking the win ... it is almost like there is a new grittier side to him ...and I like it

NB Cant wait for this weekend !!

Edited by KingTJ

They ran them in Aragon too.

Did you see the Dukes sporting 2 sets of wings!!!

What next, propellor engines......

Propeller type engines are mostly old school and waaay behind motogp i reacon...

Did not see the Ducati wings...they got Honda engineers their now?

They increase down force. I believe they probably compounded his problems.

But it was mainly the dry line forming after him going out guns blazing that sealed his fate...

That's what i thought...more downforce but it did not seem to affect his top speed.... sounds a bit like F1 now...

Propeller type engines are mostly old school and waaay behind motogp i reacon...

Did not see the Ducati wings...they got Honda engineers their now?

That's what i thought...more downforce but it did not seem to affect his top speed.... sounds a bit like F1 now...

Ducati wings have been there for aaaaages. Helps avoid high speed lift at the front when they're accelerating. Due to the power they're putting out it may become normal features on bikes in order to keep the nose down. Duc was the first to introduce them I think 3 years ago now

Ducati wings have been there for aaaaages. Helps avoid high speed lift at the front when they're accelerating. Due to the power they're putting out it may become normal features on bikes in order to keep the nose down. Duc was the first to introduce them I think 3 years ago now

It makes you wonder how it affects the cornering though.

Because unlike a F1 car where down force helps push the car into the ground, these bike wings just add more stress to the tyres as they push down the vertical axis of the bike.... which changes at different lean angles.

Edited by Patchelicious

Interesting race - I normally record them so I can fast forward the boring bits but nearly lost the excitement on this one.

Maybe wet / intermediate tyres are one of the few things left where rider input can make such difference. Otherwise it is the best electronics package?  :devil:  :devil:

I heard the "wing" commentary and have read that getting downforce on the front wheel for braking as well as just for weight distribution is helpful. Note how close the radiators and engine is to the front wheel.  Lorenzo's interview was quite impressive to me - he seemed quite cheerfully philosophical as he tried something and it didn't work.  He certainly was not slow or tentative in the wet!  I'm sort of supporting Rossi but think he will have his work cut out to hang in there with Lorenzo who is so much quicker just about everywhere in normal conditions..I reckon he can bang bars with the best of them; you do not get a few world titles being a test rider.

Erm... Since it was launched a while ago, together with the 2016 range? It's a far better looking piece of kit, with a brand new, slimmed down saddle clamp & head. Dual bolt clamp, far less chunky and yet the same affordable price. AFAIK there are more coming in soon, but Giant DBVille sold 4 in the space of 2 days. 

Best order one sharpish. Even if you have to wait for it, it's less than half the price of a new Reverb. 

Double winglets as mentioned. It is to provide downforce to stop wheelying as mentioned.

Pretty hideous IMO.

Also why a made the tongue in cheek reference to propellor engines. For the bi-plane look..............

post-35569-0-56982900-1444735376_thumb.jpg

Wonder if Rossi will retire if he wins the championship? Yes I know he has another year left in his contract. Would like to see him go out on top, not like Schumacher.