2017 - Dovi

2016 - Rossi

2015 - JL

2014 - MM

2013 - JL

2012 - JL

2011 - Stoner

2010 - JL

So yeah, I wasn't mistaken. JL has won 4 out of the last 7 MotoGP races there.

JL has also started on the front row for 9 consecutive Barcelona races ....

He clearly likes the place .

Well done to Dovi .... he was better than everyone else when it mattered (in the race ) .

MM was impresive after his costly week end . ( Heard Honda were getting spare fairings out of Cal's garage for MM .... ha ha ) .

The Yamaha's clearly struggled the whole weekend .

Nice to see the championship closing up once again .

Moto3 once again superb , and Moto2 also getting very interesting .

With Joan Mir moving to MarcVDS Moto2 next year , I guess Morbidelli will be taking Cal's ride !!

If Yamaha want a world title they'd better pull their collective fingers out their asses and get that M1 working in hot weather. You cannot be winning one weekend and sucking the hind tit the next and only blame the tyres.

The ironing is strong in this one. Great for Dovi and the Duck, honorable mention to Marquez who still pushed hard after five or so tumbles.  But where are the sneering ones about "too slow" Lorenzo when dr Rossi and young master weren't even in sight. At least Vinales acknowledged he couldn't come to grips with the bike and conditions while Rossi blamed Yamaha for not listening to him after testing last year.

More seriously it must be very hard to ride a tyre eating beast on a greasy track in the stinking heat while last years' bikes are cruising past you. All credit to these guys. The next races will be interesting I hope.

Lorenzo was too slow, he usually wins this race, but  only came 5th, and that is behind Dovi, who on the same Ducati (and vomiting all night) won the race. We all know Yamaha had problems, just look at qualifying..i doubt it had anything to do with the riders.

Lorenzo was too slow, he usually wins this race, but  only came 5th, and that is behind Dovi, who on the same Ducati (and vomiting all night) won the race. We all know Yamaha had problems, just look at qualifying..i doubt it had anything to do with the riders.

What are you even talking about. Lorenzo was 4th. Dovi was vomiting last week, not this week. And Dovi has been on the bike 5 years, not 5 months.

All the MotoGP riders are very, very good. To think otherwise is silly. Be interesting to see them on identical bikes or an old time SuperBikers event (dirt, motard, track etc) and it would be hard to pick out of say a Miller, Marquez, Vinales, Folgar or Zarco in such an event.

But to reality. I think it is great that the bikes and riders styles are, for once very different by track and no one seems to dominate. Makes it exciting. Tough time to be a fanboy though. Fascinating how the combination of grip, braking and suspension/frame act in the corners and what riders are trying (see Lorenzo's hand operated rear brake) to get and keep grip.

Not a great weekend for the Yamaha boys... :thumbdown:

Great ride by Dovi. 

But man WHAT a race from MM, he crashed (5) in every single session this weekend and still pull off a 2nd. Very good ride.

Marquez has always said he needs to crash to know where the limit is. He knows then how far he can push in a race. Kudos to him for conceding instead of binning it chasing Dovi.

The ironing is strong in this one. Great for Dovi and the Duck, honorable mention to Marquez who still pushed hard after five or so tumbles.  But where are the sneering ones about "too slow" Lorenzo when dr Rossi and young master weren't even in sight. At least Vinales acknowledged he couldn't come to grips with the bike and conditions while Rossi blamed Yamaha for not listening to him after testing last year.

More seriously it must be very hard to ride a tyre eating beast on a greasy track in the stinking heat while last years' bikes are cruising past you. All credit to these guys. The next races will be interesting I hope.

Very uncharacteristically he has come out and said Yamaha never listened to him even though he had the experience of knowing the M1 evolution. Instead at testing last year they chose to follow Mav's direction. You really can't blame Yamaha though, they need to firm up their future and that future is Mav and whichever Moto2 graduate takes Rossi's seat. More than likely Zarco, who will have similar riding style and needs as Mav.

What are you even talking about. Lorenzo was 4th. Dovi was vomiting last week, not this week. And Dovi has been on the bike 5 years, not 5 months.

Bertusras, you are right, it was last week..i got mixed up, my apologies for the fake news....but then again I am a unashamed fanboy of Rossi, but I must say Zarco is ready to take over when Rossi retires for me....until hopefully brad binder comes through...hey but that is racing

Marquez has always said he needs to crash to know where the limit is. He knows then how far he can push in a race. Kudos to him for conceding instead of binning it chasing Dovi.

Very uncharacteristically he has come out and said Yamaha never listened to him even though he had the experience of knowing the M1 evolution. Instead at testing last year they chose to follow Mav's direction. You really can't blame Yamaha though, they need to firm up their future and that future is Mav and whichever Moto2 graduate takes Rossi's seat. More than likely Zarco, who will have similar riding style and needs as Mav.

I also read in the paper that Rossi says the new frame they bought out on mondays testing is mmore to his style, so lets see what happens.

I also read in the paper that Rossi says the new frame they bought out on mondays testing is mmore to his style, so lets see what happens.

With a factory budget they can afford to run 2 different chassis. Honda does it, MM and DP don't use the same kit, never have if I am not mistaken.

Lorenzo just needs time, I think this time next year he will be much more competitive. Dovi has had a lot of time to gel with the bike. Remember back to when Dovi was on a full factory HRC and Lorenzo on the factory Yamaha, Lorenzo is by far a better rider than Dovi. That doesn't change overnight.

It is a disgrace the way they are working Sam Lowes out of his Aprilia seat btw.........

With a factory budget they can afford to run 2 different chassis. Honda does it, MM and DP don't use the same kit, never have if I am not mistaken.

Lorenzo just needs time, I think this time next year he will be much more competitive. Dovi has had a lot of time to gel with the bike. Remember back to when Dovi was on a full factory HRC and Lorenzo on the factory Yamaha, Lorenzo is by far a better rider than Dovi. That doesn't change overnight.

It is a disgrace the way they are working Sam Lowes out of his Aprilia seat btw......

How they working him out?

It may not last but the chassis "stability" in the corners is very interesting, variable and even in these days of instrumentation and electronics, a black art it seems. A lot to do with weighting the back and front wheels under and with braking to maintain optimum grip while cornering and then chassis compliance when the bike is leaned over on a relatively bumpy track. Kevin Cameron explains it quite well (not that I understood :whistling: ).

How the riders respond is fascinating. Dovi may have had a Brad Binder moment when he can navigate the Duc and conserve the tyres; who knows. Lorenzo seemed to have previously relied on good corner speed which he is battling to get on the Ducati hence the thumb rear brake (I just think he went too hard too early and cooked even the H tyres; maybe a different outcome if he had worked them in?). Rossi has always had bikes pretty much set up for him and with a similar style to Lorenzo. Maybe Vinales has changed his dominance and he is battling to cope?

• 2 weeks later...

Man what a race - that was brilliant. Hats off to Rossi, he earned that one, masterclass. The championship is incredibly tight, 11 points covering the Top 4 going into the halfway marker. Giddy!

Very happy for the "ole git"

Adds truth to the saying about age and cunning beating youth and .....