MotoGP

SeaBee

@Andymann, the 80's and 90's had some of the best racers and racing ever! proper racers who could go hard but fair! And for some reason we had a lot more Japanese riders then as well?

Or Randy Mamola!  And Eddie Lawson on the Cagiva because everyone loves the underdog!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Randy Mamola!  And Eddie Lawson on the Cagiva because everyone loves the underdog!

Fast Freddy, Sheene, Frankie, Neal Mac, Petersen ( :w00t:) and many more, those fields were thick with talent. 

Fast Freddy, Sheene, Frankie, Neal Mac, Petersen ( :w00t:) and many more, those fields were thick with talent. 

Yes exactly!!! Okes with proper talent and some common sense.

Edited by gemmerbal

Its not Casey that you need to convince, its Adriana makes those call.

haha, janee, regte pantoffel regering

i'll say this though, he was the first guy to get that Ducati on the top step consistently to secure world championship titles. not even The Doctor or Chupa Chups could manage to do that.

I actually thought Iannone was going to make an impact on the Ducati, before he left for Suzuki.

And I like the KTM's. they are spending big bucks to develope their bikes and I think it's only a matter of time before they start to contend in the middle of the field on a consistent basis. I like Pol Espargaro and Bradely Smith as well, just a pity for them the bike is not quite there yet.

Lastly, I REALLY miss not having a Kawasaki GP team around anymore. I suppose it kinda ties in with why we don't see many Jap riders around anymore. Kawasaki obviously focusing on the SBK which they are DOMINATING with my man Sykes and Rea, but that is for the SBK thread... ;)

haha, janee, regte pantoffel regering

i'll say this though, he was the first guy to get that Ducati on the top step consistently to secure world championship titles. not even The Doctor or Chupa Chups could manage to do that.

I actually thought Iannone was going to make an impact on the Ducati, before he left for Suzuki.

And I like the KTM's. they are spending big bucks to develope their bikes and I think it's only a matter of time before they start to contend in the middle of the field on a consistent basis. I like Pol Espargaro and Bradely Smith as well, just a pity for them the bike is not quite there yet.

Lastly, I REALLY miss not having a Kawasaki GP team around anymore. I suppose it kinda ties in with why we don't see many Jap riders around anymore. Kawasaki obviously focusing on the SBK which they are DOMINATING with my man Sykes and Rea, but that is for the SBK thread... ;)

Whats that?

Sykes on a BMW next year.

She is probably the reason I don’t like him.

From what I follow on social media (yeah I know not a good way to form opinion) I believe the model parter/spouse of all the Motorsport people I follow are 1. Ellie Reed (Chad Reed) 2. Mathilda Musquin (Marvin Musquin) 3. Jill Cairoli (Antonio) Interesting they all MX related. They’ve all played major roles in their husbands success over the years.

Sykes on a BMW next year.

ja i know, he has been a champ for the Green Team for the last couple of years until Rea joined them. SBK does seem a bit closer than MotoGP though.

ja i know, he has been a champ for the Green Team for the last couple of years until Rea joined them. SBK does seem a bit closer than MotoGP though.

Skyes, what a joke. Beaten Rea 5 times out of 50 starts in the last 3 years on the same equipment.

Laverty who is the only rider in the last year to win a WSBK race not riding the big 3 (Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha) after recovering from a shattered pelvis in round 2 gets dropped for him. Its disgusting. 

I don't rate Sykes at all, on his way down and again BMW will be left with a rider that doesn't do the bike justice.

Skyes, what a joke. Beaten Rea 5 times out of 50 starts in the last 3 years on the same equipment.

Laverty who is the only rider in the last year to win a WSBK race not riding the big 3 (Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha) after recovering from a shattered pelvis in round 2 gets dropped for him. Its disgusting. 

I don't rate Sykes at all, on his way down and again BMW will be left with a rider that doesn't do the bike justice.

On a bike that Sykes had been developing with the team for 5 years since 2010. With Sykes in the team they went as follows:

2010 - 7/7 manuf.

2011 - 5/7 manuf.

2012 - 4/7 manuf.

2013 - 2/7 manuf.

2014 - 2/7 manuf.

2015 - 1/7 manuf.

Kawasaki was by far the best Jap bike on the grid and the only manufacturer who could compete with the Aprilia's and Ducati's.

I take no credit away from Rea, but I dont share your opinion that Sykes is useless. But then we dont HAVE to agree do we?

Edited by gemmerbal