MotoGP

SeaBee

I do agree with you, but it is also an ever evolving game.

The engines are just sooo different that the rules have to change as the game changes unfortunately.

Dont disagree, however the rules changes 'usually' benefit the Italians, and only the red ones, then the others catchup.

I prefer a world where there are equal rules and people use those. I dont like rules being created to force results. (oooh that a deep for a Tuesday)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont disagree, however the rules changes 'usually' benefit the Italians, and only the red ones, then the others catchup.

I prefer a world where there are equal rules and people use those. I dont like rules being created to force results. (oooh that a deep for a Tuesday)

In previous years I would have agreed with you. It's surprising that Ducati couldn't pull it off with the Panigale V2, despite Kawasaki having their revs cut.

Then Ducati went and built an out and out race bike which revs far higher than any of the other bikes, which in this instance is well within the rules and no rules were modified to allow them to do this.

I whole-heartedly agree with you about equal rules and people sticking to them, but in that case we might as well just put everyone on the same bike as without grey in the rules, no-one would be pushing the innovative boundaries of the sport. And don't think that I'm conceding that +200cc is pushing innovation, but for everything else I think a fair statement.

• 2 weeks later...

The irony must be totally lost on everyone involved around Romano Fenati

6oozzHJ.jpg

It boggles

Edit: Aren't you supposed to be enjoying a holiday with the soon to be "Mrs 99fangirl" ? 

Edited by Patchelicious

It boggles

Edit: Aren't you supposed to be enjoying a holiday with the soon to be "Mrs 99fangirl" ? 

We're back, unfortunately.

what a start to the season. its going to be close this year.

Fantastic seeing 8 bikes less than a second apart at the pointy end for so long

Fantastic ride by Rossi.... slowly slowly catch the monkey.

Fantastic seeing 8 bikes less than a second apart at the pointy end for so long

Fantastic ride by Rossi.... slowly slowly catch the monkey.

Slowly slowly being the operative words. The pace was soooooo slow for the first 3/4 's of the race.......

Slowly slowly being the operative words. The pace was soooooo slow for the first 3/4 's of the race.......

I was forced to watch with swissgerman commentary which is pathetic, they were talking about Luthi and even had an interview with him during the GP class....

What was the reason for the slow times?

Edited by SwissVan

I was forced to watch with swissgerman commentary which is pathetic, they were talking about Luthi and even had an interview with him during the GP class....

Purported to be for 'tyre preservation' as per the commentators ....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tyre degradation is very high at that track, think is has to do with the sand too.

They were preserving tyre's, similar to the Assen race last year.

I think it helped a lot of guys, Marc with his injured shoulder but also the Yamaha's as they didn't need to cook their tyre's.

Marc fluffed that final corner, 2nd year in a row.

apparently the results on final yet as suzuki and honda (i think) are complaining about a little wing thing on the ducati that keeps the tyre cool.

I saw that it was rejected and the results stand

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk