MotoGP

SeaBee

I loved how after his interview the commentators said South Africa has a lot to celebrate after their rugby world championship win on Saturday. My wife said she heard them mention it earlier on during the race as well. Pity Alex was 2nd, could have taken the title down to the wire. He's really hooked up with that bike in the 2nd half of the year.

Yeah, big what if around those early races but he is really carrying HUGE momentum into that Valencia test. Hope he wins the last race too.

Only realized on Sunday that we are in for a big 4 month break, terrible time of the year for racing fans!!!!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an interesting fact:

Apparently Binder went slower or faster, trying to slow Marquez down enough to allow Luthi to catch and overtake him, increasing Binder's Championship chances. 

It didn't work but shows his clear strategic thinking while racing. Smart cookie and good rider..

I saw an interesting fact:

Apparently Binder went slower or faster, trying to slow Marquez down enough to allow Luthi to catch and overtake him, increasing Binder's Championship chances. 

It didn't work but shows his clear strategic thinking while racing. Smart cookie and good rider..

Yeah he mentioned it, but having watched the race, I could not see it. There was one time when the gap fell but he had made a mistake. I think he rode for the win, plain and simple.

(The post race interviews are all PR, look at Vinales dedicating his win to his favourite Asia cup rider that passed away YET he couldn't remember the riders name. Thought that was a bit insulting, IMO, was mentioned as a sort of an after thought)

Back to Moto2, I felt the commentators were a bit harsh. They made a big deal out of Luthi not doing enough but he also needed to keep in mind that if he binned it he would also lose 2nd in the championship.......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Yeah he mentioned it, but having watched the race, I could not see it. There was one time when the gap fell but he had made a mistake. I think he rode for the win, plain and simple.

(The post race interviews are all PR, look at Vinales dedicating his win to his favourite Asia cup rider that passed away YET he couldn't remember the riders name. Thought that was abit insulting, IMO.)

Back to Moto2, I felt the commentators were a bit harsh. They made a big deal out of Luthi not doing enough but he also needed to keep in mind that if he binned it he would also lose 2nd in the championship.......

I noticed it. The gap came down towards the end of the race. I'll see if I can find the gaps by lap..

I noticed it. The gap came down towards the end of the race. I'll see if I can find the gaps by lap..

They were all on the limit, the only way he stood a chance was to drop right back and get Marquez and Luthi to scrap with him. BUT that would be very risky.....

I don't know if you saw the time-lapse pics of that highside. You can see him leave the bike and in the next frame the airbag has already deployed before he is close to hitting the deck. Impressive!!!!!

Shoei should release data from that face-plant.......

I am surprised he hasn't ridden sooner, not trying to be offensive, an honest opinion.

There are cyclists who have ridden again within a year or 2 of paralysis, modifying wheelchair seats onto bicycles, etc.

I suppose psychologically he might have only been ready now.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)