MotoGP

SeaBee

So while ploughing along on the indoor trainer I listened to a podcast with one Cal Crutchlow; a very keen cyclist. At the moment he's riding 3 hours a day, 21 hours a week (so he says) and loves it; would not have minded being a pro. Pretty much his only training and ramps this up a bit when he's training hard. 1.7m, 66kg, 7% body fat. Fit lad.  Gains around 4kg (muscle he says) over the racing season wrestling the Honda.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So while ploughing along on the indoor trainer I listened to a podcast with one Cal Crutchlow; a very keen cyclist. At the moment he's riding 3 hours a day, 21 hours a week (so he says) and loves it; would not have minded being a pro. Pretty much his only training and ramps this up a bit when he's training hard. 1.7m, 66kg, 7% body fat. Fit lad.  Gains around 4kg (muscle he says) over the racing season wrestling the Honda.

They all cycle quite a bit. I know Marc does, maybe not as competitively as he also mountain bikes.

Bayliss is his day was a massive cycling fan, was eventually sponsored by Willier.

Nicky also cycled, some would say unfortunately.

Interesting developments for 2021 just wish we could see some racing please!

Motorsport.com: MotoGP shock: Espargaro to join Marquez at Honda in 2021.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/motogp-shock-pol-espargaro-to-join-marc-marquez-at-honda-in-2021/4801634/amp/

Now I know for a fact that Covid affects the brain!!!!!

How does that make any sense.

Pol could not beat Marc consistently in Moto2, signing him over Alex (while not giving Alex a chance with no racing) will just piss Marc off. 

World has gone properly mad, I suppose next they will say Dani will get Pol's ride at KTM.......

I can only think that maybe Cal will retire, making room for Alex. Dovi is indeed close to signing with KTM, with Alex moving to Ducati possibly........

Silly season is in full swing without a wheel being turned! 

I did NOT expect this Espargaro to HRC move at all.

Nobody did, Pit Beirer said they would be keeping their current line-up so even he must not have seen it coming.

It just does not make sense, IMO.

It just does not make sense, IMO.

Follow the money. My suspicion is that Pol is bringing massive sponsorship with him.

KTM must be so effed off at the moment. They're also losing Jorge Martin (Moto2) to Ducati it seems. They've invested a lot into these riders, only to get abandoned.

Honestly though, if Brad got an offer from HRC we'd all be shouting at him to take it, so I get it. 

Follow the money. My suspicion is that Pol is bringing massive sponsorship with him.

KTM must be so effed off at the moment. They're also losing Jorge Martin (Moto2) to Ducati it seems. They've invested a lot into these riders, only to get abandoned.

Honestly though, if Brad got an offer from HRC we'd all be shouting at him to take it, so I get it. 

I am not questioning Pol leaving KTM, no evidence of bad faith from Pol yet, just don't understand HRC's reasoning. Suerly you want to find the next champ after Marc. That means young talent, so Alex to LCR makes sense. I don't see where Pol fits in though. Unproven on the Honda.

I would have moved Cal up for a year and put Alex on the LCR. Then 2022 move Alex up, if he does well and Cal moves on.

That being said, put Nakagami on the factory bike. Japanese rider, who probably deserves it more than Pol deserves the HRC ride.......

Edit: I believe Brad has shown more that he would gel with an uncooperative bike than Pol has. He would be more deserving of the HRC ride than both Pol or Alex. And thats taking RSA bias out of the equation.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Would he have crashed the bicycle as much as he crashed the bike?

How do you guys think this move will affect BB?

Will it Make him KTM's No 1 rider?

Will he be in a better position or weaker? I watched him saying he had learned a lot form Pol. Who will he learn from now? Pedrosa?

How do you guys think this move will affect BB?

Will it Make him KTM's No 1 rider?

Will he be in a better position or weaker? I watched him saying he had learned a lot form Pol. Who will he learn from now? Pedrosa?

Suppose it depends on his performances this year.

Wouldn't be surprised if they get a more senior rider in if his performance isn't up to scratch.

That being said, Dovi to KTM is where my money is.......

I heard or read Dovi to KTM as well. I'm not so sure a move to HRC would be that good for anyone. Honda builds its bikes for MM; no one else.  If you cannot adapt to that, or ride like him (no one can at this stage) then you are in a heap of trouble and no one will really care or change just for you. A better move may be to say Yamaha, who, as I read etc, makes bikes that are somewhat "easier" to ride.

Let's get racing; with masks on of course.  :ph34r:

I heard or read Dovi to KTM as well. I'm not so sure a move to HRC would be that good for anyone. Honda builds its bikes for MM; no one else.  If you cannot adapt to that, or ride like him (no one can at this stage) then you are in a heap of trouble and no one will really care or change just for you. A better move may be to say Yamaha, who, as I read etc, makes bikes that are somewhat "easier" to ride.

Let's get racing; with masks on of course.  :ph34r:

Perhaps this is Honda's way of having a rider with similar abilities also have a say in development.

Pol never got on with the Yammie, needed a smooth rider. He liked the KTM which is basically a copy of the RCV.

He may do well, what that would mean though is interesting. I think the idea is to have a 2nd rider steal points to help Marc. What happens when the 2nd rider possibly starts challenging and beating Marc. 

Would shudder to think that Marc could step his level up, would love to see it though.

It does sound like Dovi is basically signed at Ducati. Wonder if Ktm would take Cal. Sponsors are an issue but otherwise why not. Definitely the best of the rest on a Honda, and he has ridden almost every bike on the grid........

A thought just occurred to me so when MM93 signed for 4 years knowing his boet would be with him. Now that's its a sealed deal they decide to sign someone else as his team mate so quick for next year... Wonder if he's happy about that?

A thought just occurred to me so when MM93 signed for 4 years knowing his boet would be with him. Now that's its a sealed deal they decide to sign someone else as his team mate so quick for next year... Wonder if he's happy about that?

I don't think they would have done it behind his back, I just don't think they would have asked his approval.