MotoGP

SeaBee

Why would everybody be happy ? It would ruin the most gripping season of moto gp ....possibly ever! Doesn't sound like a happy scenario for race goers to me.

So lets get constructive then, in your opinion how would YOU handle the penalty?

Allow Rossi to go unpunished even though he contravened the rules for the sake of saving the fight that everybody had hoped for?

That fair enough??

Should MM be punished even though he didn't, technically, break ANY rules??

It is a crappy situation and someone will be left unhappy unfortuantely

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's still the appeal hearing . Could there be one last twist ?

There can still be many last twists.

Lorenzo could chuck it down the road in any of the practice or qualifying sessions, or even in the race. If he scores less than 7 points more than Vale, then its still game over...

Lorenzo could chuck it down the road in any of the practice or qualifying sessions, or even in the race. If he scores less than 7 points more than Vale, then its still game over...

It would be karma if MM loses the front end, like he does, passing JL taking him out.

They wont make love that night then.

So lets get constructive then, in your opinion how would YOU handle the penalty?

Allow Rossi to go unpunished even though he contravened the rules for the sake of saving the fight that everybody had hoped for?

That fair enough??

I never said I didn't agree with the punishment handed out,and no maybe technically according to the rule book Marques did nothing wrong. But if his intentions were to hold Rossi back,you agree with his actions?

I merely stated that there could still be another twist to this saga,as there is a hearing.

That fair enough??

Neither of them should have been punished. Too many rules in MotoGP, same with F1. I'd much rather watch the road races e.g. the Isle of Man TT or North West 200 or the Ulster GP or Armoy Road Races or Macau Motorcycle GP or Southern 100, etc, If you go try bump someone off one of you will end up hitting road furniture at way over 100 miles an hour. The bumps in the roads, off camber corners, drain covers, leaves in the road, damp patches, just to name a few things they need to contend with, makes it much more exciting. MotoGP has become too bloooody clinical and commercialized for profit. Just my opinion.

I never said I didn't agree with the punishment handed out,and no maybe technically according to the rule book Marques did nothing wrong. But if his intentions were to hold Rossi back,you agree with his actions?

I merely stated that there could still be another twist to this saga,as there is a hearing.

He keeps attacking an opinion that was never given because it deflects from MM's actions.

Few people here have said Rossi is "innocent". The MM supporters keep saying Rossi is guilty, but never answer the question you and others have posed:

Do you agree with MM actions? Its a simply yes no to be honest, but that keeps getting avoided because we (both sides of the fence) know that MM acted like a knob.

Edited by Patchelicious

Hehe, its going to be fun watching the guys back track here when Rossi pulls out all the stops to piss MM off next year.

True that

I am not bitter because Rossi's championship is all but over,but I am sour that I am not looking forward to the final showdown like I expected to. Sure there could still be drama ,but that's only the optimism in me.

Cool just turn out to be another run away victory by 1 of 3 riders with Rossi around 8th or so maybe. Then the question is the same , who is the biggest loser? The fans of moto gp ( regardless of who you shout for) ...pretty k&k i reckon.

Could of been a Sykes biaggi finale... Oh well at least I can go for a ride.

That fair enough??

It is a crappy situation and someone will be left unhappy unfortunately

Maybe MM didn't break any obvious rules (and that's open to further investigation of the rules but would be incredibly difficult or impossible to prove in any case), BUT imho he has contravened the "Spirit of racing" rule...  its kind of like the Formula one situation when a team encourages one driver to let another overtake in the interest of winning the overall title....it sucks and is not in the true spirit of racing. The fact that MM and JL are not even on the same team makes it worse.

Punishing MM would be ineffective and pointless, he has nothing to loose with one race remaining this season. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for VR, MM may have won this battle this year....

You never know, 2006 all Rossi had to do was doddle around and finish and he chucked it down the road to hand Hayden the title.

So yes anything can happen, Rossi could even find the pace to challenge JL at Valencia for the win and be far enough ahead of MM on pace to not need to whinge about a racer racing him on the track................