MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did not kick the little turd . There are a few videos from different angles that shows that MM caused his fall all by himself by leaning on Rossi and then loosing control of his moppet   . 

Ja I agree, but are still seeing headlines that say that ... , that's not the reason he was penalized either.

I suppose if you feel that MM was not interfering with Rossi on purpose you also wont be consistent in your judgements..... You exaggerate your statements depending on who they are directed at it just takes away from your credibility.

I love how you think MM is 100% innocent and that Rossi is simply a douche. Look dude, you have an issue with Rossi this is obvious, (you probably supported Sete before). But you are now honestly just coming off as a hater.

I really am cool being called a hater, really it does not affect me at all.

I think there are too many people with a very yellow tinted view on this whole incident and everything surrounding it.

Speculation and assumptions are passed off as fact and yet this is fine??

I understand that after supporting somebody for so many years that they achieve a demi-god like status where everything they say or do must be right, how could it not be.

I read this article earlier this morning of an arterview with Mr HRC himself, Mr Nakamoto. What I love about it is he doesn't get drawn into any if's and but's, it is all based on cold, hard facts.

Here is the link:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/shuhei-nakamoto-hrc-sepang-clash-interview/

This is however the most important question and statement, that was covered, in my opinion:

People say that it’s unfair that Marc battled with Valentino, as Marc is not fighting for the Championship, while Valentino is.

“This is racing! There were no comments or concerns after Dani fought with Valentino in Aragon and beat him, and also in Phillip Island with Iannone – nobody accused Andrea of trying to help one competitor more than the other. It’s been a difficult season and in Sepang Marc simply wanted to take the best result possible for him and his team, it’s not in his nature to settle for fourth place when there is a chance to fight for third. We should also look back to Motegi 2010 when Valentino was out of the race for the title but had a great battle with his teammate Jorge. After the race, when Jorge complained about Valentino being too aggressive and with no meaning as he was out of the Championship, Valentino commented: “I said to Yamaha, what do you expect from me, to arrive behind? If I know this I will stay at home.” We totally agree with Valentino’s approach and will always support our riders to achieve the best results possible.”

I bolded the lower portion which I feel sums up how I feel too.

I watched that Motegi race and it was a proper fairing bashing affair, I recall Lorenza being run wide onto the grass coming out of the tunnel after turn 5 or 6.

Rossi beat Lorenzo in that race, not being in the running for the title due to his fall in Italy earlier in the year I think, and yet it was fair, but hard, racing.

Yes Lorenzo moaned, but it was all done and dusted by the next race and they got on with it.

So like I said, and it is obvious yes, I am not a Rossi fan, never have been. Too many theatrics and arrogance IMO. 

If it makes me a hater because I state my opinion or view of the incident and have stuck by it, then so be it. I don't lose any sleep at night.

Oh and I think I have been consistent in my opinion on this incident from the start. Everybody exaggerates to some extent, it's called hyperbole.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

The point that is being alluded here, is that there is racing. There's racing with rubbing even and most competitors will know when they're having a fair fight for a position and then there's riding like a tonsil to deliberately slow you up and get in the way.

After 19 years of racing why would Rossi suddenly take exception to someone RACING unless they're not actually trying to do that, but rather continuously block and interfere with their riding effort. This is not their first season of riding together either, so somehow something has changed in those heightened moments when they're on the edge and around each other. Rossi is calling him out on it. It's more than just a personality clash.

You keep getting stuck on whether he is allowed to to fight for position which everyone expects him to do! (Even Rossi for that matter!) But no one wants to see or hear that he is being a ponce from the most respected rider on the grid, because his riding style is not genuinely riding for the best position but rather to annoy VR...

The point that is being alluded here, is that there is racing. There's racing with rubbing even and most competitors will know when they're having a fair fight for a position and then there's riding like a tonsil to deliberately slow you up and get in the way.

After 19 years of racing why would Rossi suddenly take exception to someone RACING unless they're not actually trying to do that, but rather continuously block and interfere with their riding effort. This is not their first season of riding together either, so somehow something has changed in those heightened moments when they're on the edge and around each other. Rossi is calling him out on it. It's more than just a personality clash.

You keep getting stuck on whether he is allowed to to fight for position which everyone expects him to do! (Even Rossi for that matter!) But no one wants to see or hear that he is being a ponce from the most respected rider on the grid, because his riding style is not genuinely riding for the best position but rather to annoy VR...

I reckon it's because of that "unwritten rule" again, which Rossi seems to now believe in (not in Motegi 2010), in that if you're not part of the race in championship win, then stay out of it. MM broke that "unwritten" rule yes. The lap times Rossi was doing once MM crashed, was in fact not alot faster than during their battle in any case, most were slower.

Edited by Kraggie

I would venture to say that after the fall, VR pushed to see if he can catch up to JL. When he realised that he is not making major inroads (and the realisation that he might be in the poo dawned on him) he decided to play it safe, maintain his place and finish in the points.

You could see his body language at the end, he was very subdued.

Answer to your question above, and again in my opinion but shared by millions around the world, it is quite possibly his last oppertunity at winning a 10th title.

Yes everybody said he would never be in this position, and yes he might still win it next year, but the odds are stacked against him the older he gets.

Kraggie hit the nail on the head, so in 2010 when VR broke the "unwritten" rule it was fine, great racing. Fast forward to now and it's a problem???

Lap times

Jeez, how consistent was Pedro between Laps 8 to 16. He had such a good race. The biggest tragedy is that this whole debacle robbed him of the credit that was due to him.

Rossi's times after the fall were really erratic, all the spikes and dips. Wonder what was going through his mind at the time. Replaying the incident, thinking about his interview answers, etc, etc. He must've been so distracted. Waiting on the black flag perhaps???

I think there are too many people with a very yellow tinted view on this whole incident and everything surrounding it.

I understand that after supporting somebody for so many years that they achieve a demi-god like status where everything they say or do must be right, how could it not be.

I read this article earlier this morning of an arterview with Mr HRC himself, Mr Nakamoto. What I love about it is he doesn't get drawn into any if's and but's, it is all based on cold, hard facts.

Here is the link:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/shuhei-nakamoto-hrc-sepang-clash-interview/

This is however the most important question and statement, that was covered, in my opinion:

People say that it’s unfair that Marc battled with Valentino, as Marc is not fighting for the Championship, while Valentino is.

“This is racing! There were no comments or concerns after Dani fought with Valentino in Aragon and beat him, and also in Phillip Island with Iannone – nobody accused Andrea of trying to help one competitor more than the other. It’s been a difficult season and in Sepang Marc simply wanted to take the best result possible for him and his team, it’s not in his nature to settle for fourth place when there is a chance to fight for third. We should also look back to Motegi 2010 when Valentino was out of the race for the title but had a great battle with his teammate Jorge. After the race, when Jorge complained about Valentino being too aggressive and with no meaning as he was out of the Championship, Valentino commented: “I said to Yamaha, what do you expect from me, to arrive behind? If I know this I will stay at home.” We totally agree with Valentino’s approach and will always support our riders to achieve the best results possible.”

I bolded the lower portion which I feel sums up how I feel too.

I watched that Motegi race and it was a proper fairing bashing affair, I recall Lorenza being run wide onto the grass coming out of the tunnel after turn 5 or 6.

Rossi beat Lorenzo in that race, not being in the running for the title due to his fall in Italy earlier in the year I think, and yet it was fair, but hard, racing.

Yes Lorenzo moaned, but it was all done and dusted by the next race and they got on with it.

So like I said, and it is obvious yes, I am not a Rossi fan, never have been. Too many theatrics and arrogance IMO. 

If it makes me a hater because I state my opinion or view of the incident and have stuck by it, then so be it. I don't lose any sleep at night.

Oh and I think I have been consistent in my opinion on this incident from the start. Everybody exaggerates to some extent, it's called hyperbole.

You have been consistent in your opinion, absolutely, consistent in stating that Rossi is a douche and the only one that is guilty.

Me calling you a hater is not an insult nor do I hope that you lose sleep over it. Its an observation. Its not just from this incident. You are relentlessly anti-Rossi, not Pro MM or Pro Iannone or Pro Smith, just anti-Rossi and thats what a hater is. There is a difference between "not being a fan" and hater. I am not a fan of Cruchlow, but that doesnt mean I go hating on him day in day out.

Now again, and I am not sure how much clearer one can be on the situation: NOBODY HAS SAID THEY SHOULDNT RACE ROSSI!

We are saying that: MM INTENTIONALLY TRIED TO SLOW ROSSI UP, HE WAS NOT RACING.

Rossi tried to beat Jorge at Motegi, not slow him up so that somebody else could catch him.

If you cannot see the difference between racing somebody and doing something with malicious intent, then there is no point debating it.

You have been consistent in your opinion, absolutely, consistent in stating that Rossi is a douche and the only one that is guilty.

Me calling you a hater is not an insult nor do I hope that you lose sleep over it. Its an observation. Its not just from this incident. You are relentlessly anti-Rossi, not Pro MM or Pro Iannone or Pro Smith, just anti-Rossi and thats what a hater is. There is a difference between "not being a fan" and hater. I am not a fan of Cruchlow, but that doesnt mean I go hating on him day in day out.

Now again, and I am not sure how much clearer one can be on the situation: NOBODY HAS SAID THEY SHOULDNT RACE ROSSI!

We are saying that: MM INTENTIONALLY TRIED TO SLOW ROSSI UP, HE WAS NOT RACING.

Rossi tried to beat Jorge at Motegi, not slow him up so that somebody else could catch him.

If you cannot see the difference between racing somebody and doing something with malicious intent, then there is no point debating it.

No worries, was just saying if I am a hater I am fine with that. Self-confessed.

As for the last sentence, when I see concrete evidence that MM had malicious intent I will emphatically apologize but there has been nothing thus far to prove it in my opinion. 

Like Mr Nakamoto said their telemetry proves that MM was not capable of running any quicker than he was. You could see it when he was losing the front and back simultaneously through the fast S-bends of turn 5 and 6.  I can understand him choosing not to sit back and follow VR seeing as they were both running a similar pace, especially after the bomb-shell on the Thursday.

I agree, this debate is going nowhere slowly . You have your opinion and I have mine so lets see what happens on Sunday.

Either way from Thursday onwards I expect a war of words and a firey weekend with many very vocal Spaniards in the crowd.

I wonder if they'll sit MM and VR next to each other at the press conference.............

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

snipped

I wonder if they'll sit MM and VR next to each other at the press conference.............

They bladdy well better! This circus needs a final act and if the racing doesn't pan out to be it, than the press conference might as well be!

They bladdy well better! This circus needs a final act and if the racing doesn't pan out to be it, than the press conference might as well be!

Who will throw the first punch is the question?

This time in the open not like the infamous Rossi/Biaggi/Bumble Bee fight all those years ago.

Here is the link:

“This is racing! There were no comments or concerns after Dani fought with Valentino in Aragon and beat him, and also in Phillip Island with Iannone – nobody accused Andrea of trying to help one competitor more than the other. It’s been a difficult season and in Sepang Marc simply wanted to take the best result possible for him and his team, it’s not in his nature to settle for fourth place when there is a chance to fight for third. We should also look back to Motegi 2010 when Valentino was out of the race for the title but had a great battle with his teammate Jorge. After the race, when Jorge complained about Valentino being too aggressive and with no meaning as he was out of the Championship, Valentino commented: “I said to Yamaha, what do you expect from me, to arrive behind? If I know this I will stay at home.” We totally agree with Valentino’s approach and will always support our riders to achieve the best results possible.” The difference was Rossi was riding his bike as fast as he could and it was on par with lorenzo at that race , the same with Ianonne (PI) and Pedrosa (Aragon)  the week earlier....so it was racing ( may the fastest man win). MM was not racing at his max  (Australia i cannot comment on)...he was riding to STUFF  VR up ( look at kraggies graph)....thats just being a ****....its SPORTMANSHIP that Rossi is talking about, and MM lacking it and you fail to understand it.

post-50517-0-64495300-1446460179.jpg

Look at the times... MM was gunning and then all of a sudden he fell of the wagon and couldnt get on again....is taht enough evidence for you or do you need more?

Edited by KingTJ