MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja. 250cc GP bike motor with 4 contact patches. How strong are your neck muscles? I don't know how true it is but a shifter kart had the lap record at Killarney. Supposedly faster than those Wesbank Supercars.

I can believe that. 

Ja. 250cc GP bike motor with 4 contact patches. How strong are your neck muscles? I don't know how true it is but a shifter kart had the lap record at Killarney. Supposedly faster than those Wesbank Supercars.

Yip from what I can remember it is very true.

Again, just from memory so could be wrong but I am sure Gary Formato did a 1:10 (SBK are around 1:11s) in Wesbank many many years ago and that still stands. But the carts did 1:06/7 from what I can remember.

To continue the hijack a bit, has anybody seen that dude who put an R1 motor into a cart?

And then around Killarney

/Hijack off

Looks lank fun!

Timed him at a 1:17 on lap 1, obviously warming up, and bit a mess missing both apex's in Malmesbury.

Lap 2 was a bit quicker at 1:15 with his speed being compromised through Malmesbury by the other driver, and you can hear the motor bog down for the first part of the back straight because he didnt carry the correct speed through there, this must have cost whole second on its own then he made a nice mess of the entry into Cape Town, so even with two big mistakes 1:15 :clap:

Lap 3 looked like a good one, but the video stops before the start/finish :(

Edited by Patchelicious

Had a buddy who put a worked 350YPVS motor in a racing kart. That thing was bonkers. I took it for a spin down a 1/4 mile track, was fighting the whole way to keep the thing pointing in the right direction. Even with me fighting it (pedaling it as it's called), it still did a sub 13 sec time.

Was still shaking for a long while afterwards from the adreneline.

Saw WSBK season intro this weekend on TV, what you guys think of the new Race1 Sat and Race2 Sunday format ?

King Kenny riding the legendary TZ750 at the Indi Mile. You got to have a big set of onions to swing a leg over a 750cc 2stroke with NO FRONT BRAKE in your late 50's and wring it's neck.