MotoGP

SeaBee

Been reading Dave Emmets articles on the silly season, yes it has started, and it is going to be very interesting I hope.

Only 2 current MotoGP riders have contracts past 2016, Vinales and Miller. Only 1 of those I feel deserves it but that is a different story.

Vinales especially is hot property if he can translate his testing speed into results.

Now I know this is probably pie in the sky type dreams but I hope there will be a big toss-up.

JL to Ducati (big speculation but also a massive long shot)

MM to Yamaha (again speculation but highly unlikely)

DP to Ducati (not impossible with race winners being primed by HRC)

VR possible retirement????

Chances are JL will remain at Yamaha and MM is pretty much imbedded at HRC although one more tough year and who knows........

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading Dave Emmets articles on the silly season, yes it has started, and it is going to be very interesting I hope.

Only 2 current MotoGP riders have contracts past 2016, Vinales and Miller. Only 1 of those I feel deserves it but that is a different story.

Vinales especially is hot property if he can translate his testing speed into results.

Now I know this is probably pie in the sky type dreams but I hope there will be a big toss-up.

Chances are JL will remain at Yamaha and MM is pretty much imbedded at HRC although one more tough year and who knows........

JL has expressed his desire to end his career at Yamaha so I don't think he will duck. I think VR will retire and the sport will be all the better for it, I know I will be flamed for this this, but he is past his prime.

I don't think MM and DP will move next year. If the Duc and Sakuki prove to be racing winning machines then there could be some movement.

Edited by Starvin' Marvin

JL has expressed his desire to end his career at Yamaha so I don't think he will duck. I think VR will retire and the sport will be all the better for it, I know I will be flamed for this this, but he is past his prime.

I don't think MM and DP will move next year. If the Duc and Sakuki prove to be racing winning machines then there could be some movement.

You may get flack yes but it undeniable I think. He has done everything he needs to do as a rider. He has set up his rider academy with Yamaha backing so he will still have a long and prosperous career in MotoGP long after hanging up his leathers.

The speculation is around the 6th round at Mugello. Home circuit would be ideal for the announcment plus he will know whether he is competitive or not.

The one thing that seems to be certain is that none of the top crop will stick around for satelite rides, so if VR and DP don't get a factory seat they may choose to retire or possibly pursue factory rides in WSBK.

I see Honda are very much not behind WSBK, saying it is a money they would rather spend in MotoGP so possibly VDMark moving to MotoGP, taking DP seat???

I think Honda will gun very hard for Vinales, I'm not sure how they'll manage two big egos in one garage though.

DP might end up at Suzuki if this does happen. Aleix is struggling as well with the new bike so he might look for other avenues if available. Iannone should stay at Ducati, Dovi I'm really not sure. It just doesn't seem like he's enjoying himself.

Jorge is gonna sign a contract with Yamaha before Qatar. Rossi, I really don't know, he still has the pace it appears, but if he wants to continue is up to him and him alone I believe. He still wants to race I'm sure. 

So that covers the 'proper' factory bikes I think? 

Satellite bikes, VDS Bike depends on how Tito gets on this year, but we'll see how the Moto2 guys go. LCR, Crutches, eish, I like the guy but he's never performed to full potential, there's a good bike there for a youngster. Tech 3, even though Bradley had a really good season last year, I don't think anyone sees "Champion" in him, and he'll be stuck on satellite bikes ad-infinitum. Pol, make or break this year, but I think he's overstayed his welcome. 

Satellite Ducs will be a mix and match depending on who performs best. Aprilia have a long way to go, and further down the field I really can't be arsed to expand on.

(*All of this is based on not having read what guys who are actually in the paddock have said, purely how I see things playing out)

I think a lot depends first on what Jorge does (99% he stays), and secondly, if Rossi stays. If that seat opens all hell is gonna break loose.

I would kill myself.

You may get flack yes but it undeniable I think. He has done everything he needs to do as a rider. He has set up his rider academy with Yamaha backing so he will still have a long and prosperous career in MotoGP long after hanging up his leathers.

The speculation is around the 6th round at Mugello. Home circuit would be ideal for the announcment plus he will know whether he is competitive or not.

The one thing that seems to be certain is that none of the top crop will stick around for satelite rides, so if VR and DP don't get a factory seat they may choose to retire or possibly pursue factory rides in WSBK.

I see Honda are very much not behind WSBK, saying it is a money they would rather spend in MotoGP so possibly VDMark moving to MotoGP, taking DP seat???

If Biaggi was still at WSBK, and Rossi went over and beat him, it would be such a cool spectacle.

Biaggi would be beside himself, but it would be fun to watch :)

It would be cool to have Rossi, Biaggi, Bayliss, Stoner.... all guys who are clearly still super fast going over to SBK and giving it a bit of a boost, maybe get it back to the mid/late 90s era.

Don't forget KTM factory team in 2017 with ties, albeit fragile ties, to DP............

See Alex Rins has some serious stock too, don't believe he has done anything significant but then again we do have Jack Miller so maybe results don't count.

I think VR is going to surprise you naysayers this year, ONCE AGAIN. He was written off beginning of last season as a has been, old timer, etc. 

The only reason he did not win the championship was the "Spanish Collusion" against him....  :whistling:  :ph34r:

I think VR is going to surprise you naysayers this year, ONCE AGAIN. He was written off beginning of last season as a has been, old timer, etc. 

The only reason he did not win the championship was the "Spanish Collusion" against him...:whistling:  :ph34r:

Well that, and that JL and MM had slow starts to the season. (see I can be objective :P)

That was written on the second last day, MM showed his pace the last day albeit not convincing.

Number 11: Ducati's inability to read a calendar and cock-up their independant test with Stoner.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Number 11: Ducati's inability to read a calendar and cock-up their independant test with Stoner.

This!!! Millions & Millions of euro and they can't tell the difference between the words RACE and EVENT!

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Sport direction could've overturned the decision but Casey at Qatar would mean really good data for the Ducati riders. That would be an unfair advantage.