Oops I did it again, cracked frame. (and again)

Rouxenator

Think it's time for a custom vinyl that reads GT destroyer.... on the new frame ofcourse! :)

you and Flowta should start a club (although i think he's cured his habit now)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really was not trying to kill it, all I do is just ride my bike almost every day and yes I admit, there is a bit of rocky downhill but I expect a bike to cope with that.

Right now I am thinking along the lines of breaking it up for spares, getting a new frame under warranty and selling it along with the spares and in the near future get something like a Revel 0 or TFS 300.

I really was not trying to kill it, all I do is just ride my bike almost every day and yes I admit, there is a bit of rocky downhill but I expect a bike to cope with that.

Right now I am thinking along the lines of breaking it up for spares, getting a new frame under warranty and selling it along with the spares and in the near future get something like a Revel 0 or TFS 300.

Haven't ridden the 29er Revel 0. But I have the Revel 0 26" After swapping out some drivetrain and cockpit bits it's become an amazing ride. Feels awesome and light and alive, so can't recommend them enough,

Slightly off-topic but this reminds me of a mate of mine who has broken 4 - yes, 4 saddles on one bike. What's his backside made of?

I am not to keen on going for a mainstream brand, not hip enough for me, but I need something reliable. This is not only a joy toy for the weekends but also what I depend on to get me to work and back everyday. Not that is counts for much, but my Giant road bike has never given me any hassles so the Revel 0 makes sense.

Seems like you ride too hard for XC bikes.. maybe its time to get a trail or freeride rig.... and throw the the zaskar and karakoram to the jeep track.. dont know of either being bulletproof off road... zaskar is race machine and karakoram race machine for okes with a boep .. :lol: :ph34r:

Scott aspect if you want entry level bullet proof(just change the wheels)

or a Scott Scale. trus me. the bullet proof.

my 2012 Scott scale elite 29er came off the bike rack at 140kmh on a tar road. dragged behind my car for almost a km attached to the stretchy. raced it the next day.

just 2 scratches and the gears needed adjusting.

still going strong today. and I'm also pretty hard on bikes

Are you doing any huck to flats?

where do the frames keep on breaking?

What size rotor were you running on the back to crack the frame, back wheel hops?

but like said before maybe go for a trail bike, something like the Cotic BFE, a friend put one through torture and somehow it survived.

Are you doing any huck to flats?

where do the frames keep on breaking?

What size rotor were you running on the back to crack the frame, back wheel hops?

but like said before maybe go for a trail bike, something like the Cotic BFE, a friend put one through torture and somehow it survived.

On that topic. Anybody have an opinion on the Trek Stache? I'm wanting to get a new ride/rides. And I'm having a Silverback Sprada 1 one bike or Giant Anthem 2 27.5 + AN other hartail 29" two bike crisis in my head.

Thus far my first Karakoram lasted the longest. I got about 14 months from it, Zaskars seems to last only 8 months at a time. I weight about 85kg and I don't do jumps or any tricks. The frames have all cracked in different places so I am guessing it is just random and possibly manufacturing defects.

It is down to either a new Revel 0 or a Avalanche XXiX - only looking at 29ers. The reason why I like the Revel is because I have only heard good things about it, the Avalanche I like because it is locally made and I know someone that has one with no issues so far.

Bought a 2014 Giant Revel 0 29er yesterday. Only taking my Deore brakes from the GT since the rest of the stuff on it is the same spec level (alivio/deore 9 speed mix).

Keep an eye on the classifieds next week as I will be listing some of the bits after they broke up the GT. I will also be listing a brand new GT Zaskar frame made from 6069 "speed metal" with three year warranty once the warranty claim is complete.

Bought a 2014 Giant Revel 0 29er yesterday. Only taking my Deore brakes from the GT since the rest of the stuff on it is the same spec level (alivio/deore 9 speed mix).

Keep an eye on the classifieds next week as I will be listing some of the bits after they broke up the GT. I will also be listing a brand new GT Zaskar frame made from 6069 "speed metal" with three year warranty once the warranty claim is complete.

now insure the damn thing

It has always been insured against theft.

get allrisk insurance, trust me. you sound like me, heavy on bikes. so if you just break a wheel or frame or jockey (by accident and not wear and tear) :whistling: the replace and repair.

costs me 150 Rondt a month for R24 000 for myway.

basically if you ride of the mountain and see your gat. they give new bike

Makes sense on a bike of that value, but my bikes are worth less than R8k and I plan to keep it that way. They can take the punch, I am not worried about a heavy bike and I know I can replace my drivetrain for less than a grand. So insurance in my case is only against it being nicked.