[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be warned 1st timers, Cullinan is a walk in the park compared to this, so pace yourselves. But much nicer, probably one of the best we have to offer :)

Also the middle part is very hot, dry and sandy.

Sandy...............Was hoping that its not sandy like Cullinan.

Sandy...............Was hoping that its not sandy like Cullinan.

Not as bad as cullinan(I was there on Saturday), you will hit a bit of sand in the beginning....tip stay to the left when you hit any sandy patch at VG. But the real challenge is jou blixem....I repeat, save 10 matches for it, it will break you if you tired at the greek church

Edited by rouxtjie

Be warned 1st timers, Cullinan is a walk in the park compared to this, so pace yourselves. But much nicer, probably one of the best we have to offer :)

Also the middle part is very hot, dry and sandy.

Totally agree, this is the crown jewel for advendurance.

Don't know why but I find the Irene trailseeker my least favourite, maybe its the dust, or that last climb to the finish.

Don't know why but I find the Irene trailseeker my least favourite, maybe its the dust, or that last climb to the finish.

By the far the kukkest in my opinion, not bothering this year. Disappointing two years in a row

Not as bad as cullinan(I was there on Saturday), you will hit a bit of sand in the beginning....tip stay to the left when you hit any sandy patch at VG. But the real challenge is jou blixem....I repeat, save 10 matches for it, it will break you if you tired at the greek church

Thanks. That constant sand killed my legs on Cullinan and then that little climb that everybody had to walk was the final nail in the coffin. Started cramping just after that.

I have however spent a lot more time in saddle for VG.

Thanks. That constant sand killed my legs on Cullinan and then that little climb that everybody had to walk was the final nail in the coffin. Started cramping just after that.

I have however spent a lot more time in saddle for VG.

VG is quite a bit tougher than cullinan to be honest. They start by taking you through the bushveld singletrack for about 5km and then onto a district road that is about 2 km long(sandy bits are here)...all gradual climb. You then hit the concrete slabs...don't go for gold there, still a long way home. After the slabs, you hit baby head alley, which is very very tough loose climbing on round rocks...you just never seem to get any purchase. Then you have daggapad, which is a blast...and at the t-junction you start climbing again on the new route to the waterbridge. Then you head back home via the greek church. Stop at the waterpoint before the church...refuel, top up bottles, cause now the kuk starts...you go up to the church and then jou blixem and finally home via the river. Good way to spend a couple of hours.

VG is quite a bit tougher than cullinan to be honest. They start by taking you through the bushveld singletrack for about 5km and then onto a district road that is about 2 km long(sandy bits are here)...all gradual climb. You then hit the concrete slabs...don't go for gold there, still a long way home. After the slabs, you hit baby head alley, which is very very tough loose climbing on round rocks...you just never seem to get any purchase. Then you have daggapad, which is a blast...and at the t-junction you start climbing again on the new route to the waterbridge. Then you head back home via the greek church. Stop at the waterpoint before the church...refuel, top up bottles, cause now the kuk starts...you go up to the church and then jou blixem and finally home via the river. Good way to spend a couple of hours.

Hope I can do 4 hours at least

Hope I can do 4 hours at least

I'm doing the 40kay, we start an hour and a half after you okes, so we should all finish at a similar time...

Must definately do a few beers :thumbup:

I'm doing the 40kay, we start an hour and a half after you okes, so we should all finish at a similar time...

Must definately do a few beers :thumbup:

Make sure you keep some cold ones for me!! :whistling:

dont drink them all before I arrive

Unknown Distance

Dino E

durbanjacques B

Marathon:

lapa B

Peregrinate B

Mike Bike B

divernick C

Hennie VR C