[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in! I missed last year's race, so last did it in 2011. Hakahana last year was tougher than I remebered Van Gaalens, but that could've been to due to my bad memory.

Which one did you find to be tougher last year?

YOU told me last year we weren't going up blixem so after sprinting up to the church I fell apart on blixem, limped home and drowned my sorrow with monster, jager and beer. Must find the pics from last year.

I made a mistake last year....but we definitely :whistling: not going up it this year

I'm in! I missed last year's race, so last did it in 2011. Hakahana last year was tougher than I remebered Van Gaalens, but that could've been to due to my bad memory.

Which one did you find to be tougher last year?

I thought VG was tougher - satelite descent + blixem

I distinctly remember the satelite descent from 2 years back! It saw the end of many a collarbone.

Joublixem wasn't in though.

I distinctly remember the satelite descent from 2 years back! It saw the end of many a collarbone.

Joublixem wasn't in though.

That is were the action is

can you ride Blixem as part of the normal trail? I can't remember an option to get there after the church

can you ride Blixem as part of the normal trail? I can't remember an option to get there after the church

Yes you need to turn left after going down towards the river after the church. Rouxtjie is your man. I dont have exact directions.

yes you can,,after greek church, you do the descent, then come to a t junction. white board with red arrows points left up the hill..thats it

Yes you need to turn left after going down towards the river after the church. Rouxtjie is your man. I dont have exact directions.

Yebo as you come down from the church you will hit a really loose rocky patch....you then swing left down, at the bottom of this left turn you can either go left back up(jou blixem) or right(home via the river)

PS the board doesn't say joublixem...we just call it that....and if you have done it, you will know why