Joggers vs Cyclists!!!

Guest Latent Blue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Latent Blue

Those kind of people are everywhere, cyclists, 'joggers', motorists, cashiers, clerks, doctors ....... and they aren't going away. Unless you stopped the person and made the point she will continue oblivious so just get over it :whistling:

Not happening... But it is true... there are boxes everywhere... I aim to kick each one of them in the danglers!

Guest Latent Blue

Ok need to start working...

Please do continue to rant/fight/disagree in my absence!!! :clap: :devil:

@ Blue.... you were practicing what i called "defensive driving" i.e. you summed up the situattion BEFORE it happened and YOU took appropriate action(s) BEFORE the **** hits the fan...

Well done!! That is how everyone should drive...

If I have to choose bewteen hitting a bunch of runners or swerving into traffic...i'll choose the runners = soft landing and better chance of survival.

I run and cycle. There's a simple rule we follow as runners. Run into oncoming traffic - the human face is more easily noticed by drivers....less chance of being ploughed into. As a cyclist I've always been told to cycle with the traffic as you tend to do similar speeds in traffic and as such flow more easily.

This is however where the two worlds meet - and probably why you ended up in this situation.

Still, rule #1 applies: If everyone refrains from being a d#os, we all get along swimmingly.

Not happening... But it is true... there are boxes everywhere... I aim to kick each one of them in the danglers!

Should have started with that joggers 'ovaries' ;)

untill all roadusers learn and practice that the roads are shared and not owned,this type of thing will continue.in the meantime i would rather be a living dog than a dead lion.btw i drive a car,motorbike,road bike,mtb and i jog.

The one with the faster moving and heavier object should be extra cautious.

Runners should use the sidewalk if one is available.

Guest Latent Blue
The one with the faster moving and heavier object should be extra cautious.

Runners should use the sidewalk if one is available.

Unbiased and accurate as always dale!

I think you got right 'Dale. For me it's simple choice; be crushed by a car or klap a pedestrian. Hmm, think I'll take the pedestrian, well mostly. Some tannies are kwaai.

I have had this kind of jogger/cyclist interaction quite regularly and I am not even a road rider. Thankfully the growth of trail running means that fewer people are out on the roads in my area, but you still get the odd oke/okette trying to avoid puncturing their airs or twisting an ankle by running in the road with some perfectly good gravel next to them. Most move out of the way, some don't. On the other hand I ride on the pavement sometimes to avoid cars while being extra vigilant for pedestrians and slowing down or moving over where necessary. I recognise that I am not where I should be, and act accordingly. Runners should do the same.

As Cassie said, defensive driving,cycling and running is the answer. Just a pity so few people practise it...

I run and cycle. There's a simple rule we follow as runners. Run into oncoming traffic - the human face is more easily noticed by drivers....less chance of being ploughed into. As a cyclist I've always been told to cycle with the traffic as you tend to do similar speeds in traffic and as such flow more easily.

This is however where the two worlds meet - and probably why you ended up in this situation.

Still, rule #1 applies: If everyone refrains from being a d#os, we all get along swimmingly.

Fully agree! I also run and cycle and if I (whilst running) notice a cyclist heading in my direction I will with hand gesture indicate which side the cyclist should past me (not point fingers, just a gesture) and I found that most cyclist appreciate this as they know what is expected and what to do to avoid an unpleasant experience for both parties.

Been in a similar situation a couple of times .... while cycling you indicate by raising and pointing out with your right arm into traffic and slowly start to move into the road lane to pass the pedestrian/runner/trolley pusher/etc safely.

I wonder if joggers, or runners during a race also shout "KEEP LEFT" and "HOLD YOUR LINE" while passing another runner on their right? :w00t: