Argus 2014

vaalkol

I

You need to receive an email inviting you to enter, I think that you need to have done 10 or more to get a "VIP" entry. For the rest you must wait until 1 Sept

I know the bouncer at the door , i'm in already :whistling:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And where do you work?????

i work at The Southern Sun The Cullinan. Its right next to the CTICC where i wish they would move the expo

Entered as well and confirmed. :clap:

Last year I waited and dipped out but was very fortunate to get a substituion. I'm not so sure about waitng for the rush before entering.

I think in 1980 my entry was a whole R 50 bucks and that was nearly 2 weeks of newspaper deliveries for me. In those days as a laaitjie, the bike did everything from the school run, paper delivery run, training rides & the Argus.

Once I "shot" through from Fish Hoek to Muzenburg for a single ball bearing for my skateboard of course the roads seemd to be a lot safer then too.

This topic is reminding me that soon I will have to start the 4 am rides again to get fit.

Only sensible time to do road training around the cape peninsula without getting mowed down - I normally ride my MTB: Pinelands, Hout Bay, Kloofneck and home again by 6 am.

Have been keeping MTB fit as a weekend warrior but have to step up my game for this one especially since everyone at graft is competing for the title of fastest Argus.

When they hear that you rode a 60 MTB race they think I am a pansy for doing such a short distance - little do they know!

I reckon they could up the price easily to R550 and no one would even make an issue out of it.

Don't give them ideas!

post us the link you used

That privilege has to be earned the hard way, and like all good things it takes time

That privilege has to be earned the hard way, and like all good things it takes time

Gees not likes its costing you anything or the organisers, no pressure mate. I've done 12 so I'd say I earned it too.

Gees not likes its costing you anything or the organisers, no pressure mate. I've done 12 so I'd say I earned it too.

Claim to be dyslexic, then you've done 21! :D

This has got me thinking a bit that maybe its just a sneaky way of PPA getting people to renew mwmbership.I havn't done the argus for 2 years,I havn't done 10 argus's and this is the first year I havn't renewed my PPA membership.I also got the VIP mail inviting me to enter the Argus(before 5pm today).It's 5h15 and i've entered.

Just thinking what's up?