Argus 2014

vaalkol

When would the PPA seeding be updated to include Argus results?

With the advent of MTB season, typically by July only

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I see~ thank u for the answer !!

Can I ask what race did u do? I think I can only do die burger.. :(

You can do all those on the PPA calender. Do not be fooled by the "official Argus seeding" nonsense.

If it is a Racetec timed race, they included it on your seeding.

With the advent of MTB season, typically by July only

Nooo, this must be BS.... was hoping to have Wilros and Emperors count, was hoping to get sub 20 index for the Tour de Durban. Can you pay and be reseeded?

Nooo, this must be BS.... was hoping to have Wilros and Emperors count, was hoping to get sub 20 index for the Tour de Durban. Can you pay and be reseeded?

Dunno

Call them

You can do all those on the PPA calender. Do not be fooled by the "official Argus seeding" nonsense.

If it is a Racetec timed race, they included it on your seeding.

Only "half-nonsense", one official race like the Burger will count in full for a seeding, a normal funride can only contribute to 1/3 of your seeding so you will have to do a few.

I saw me :)

I hope you were not one of the guys passing him on the left and leading to him being enveloped in the pack rather than being passed.......

I hope you were not one of the guys passing him on the left and leading to him being enveloped in the pack rather than being passed.......

Never :whistling:

BTW, my son and I after our Argus this year.

Awesome matching bikes, my dad and I had that until my frame was cracked. Trying to convince him he should upgrade from giant tcr to a Venge :P

Awesome matching bikes, my dad and I had that until my frame was cracked. Trying to convince him he should upgrade from giant tcr to a Venge :P

Yes, I now have a conundrum. As you can see, he has completely outgrown his frame. I bought it when he was 10, and he could hardly ride the bike with the seatpost completely in. Now with him at 13 it is at the highest position it can be safely set. Time for a larger frame, but a new BMC SLR frame cost more than 20k. I got these for an absolute bargain (SL01 for R1500, SLX01 for R6700). So I will have to look at more affordable options. Giant TCR obviously now on my short list. I am off course very happy with my SLX01.

Yes, I now have a conundrum. As you can see, he has completely outgrown his frame. I bought it when he was 10, and he could hardly ride the bike with the seatpost completely in. Now with him at 13 it is at the highest position it can be safely set. Time for a larger frame, but a new BMC SLR frame cost more than 20k. I got these for an absolute bargain (SL01 for R1500, SLX01 for R6700). So I will have to look at more affordable options. Giant TCR obviously now on my short list. I am off course very happy with my SLX01.

Ha ha, you sound like my parallel reality!

I have to replace a too small Litespeed frame very soon for my 13 year old. But if I can let him grow just another inch or 2, then I can buy myself a new one and he can have my old Litespeed. I'm going to up his protein intake first thing in the morning! ;)

Ha ha, you sound like my parallel reality!

I have to replace a too small Litespeed frame very soon for my 13 year old. But if I can let him grow just another inch or 2, then I can buy myself a new one and he can have my old Litespeed. I'm going to up his protein intake first thing in the morning! ;)

:clap: LOL, like my son got passed my old Shimano road shoes, and I got myself some nice Sidi Ergos. Our feet are now exactly the same size.

Only "half-nonsense", one official race like the Burger will count in full for a seeding, a normal funride can only contribute to 1/3 of your seeding so you will have to do a few.

No no, full nonsense :) because all of the seeding races that contributed to me index were "smaller" JHB ones,

They took the best 3, and gave me an index. I thought after I missed the Burger and 94.7 (last 2 official ones) that I would get a crappy seeding, but PPA used the most recent ones.

I think this is great as it actually indicates hows strong you ARE not how strong you WERE.

I think this is great, as it rewards those who keep training and racing. Imagine you get a gut who does a 2h300 94.7 in November, then gets lekker fat in the 5 months till the Argus and he gets a higher seeding than a guy (like me) who trains non stop till the Argus. I think PPS has finally found a solution, as long as the race beta is accurate. Good on them.