Argus 2014

vaalkol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You hear that dreaded humming of the knobblies creeping up from behind and you say to yourself damn another mtb maybe if i throw my water bottle away I will be lighter. But then you relax and kind of enjoy the humming of the tyres like a 4x4 vehicle.

Eeeeeeeeeerm! I forgot all about the August until today. Demmit! So if you want to be nice and sell me your entry please contact me urgently before March 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

I still need to enter before the seeding process starts? When do they finalise seeding? After the 94.7???

Prob around Valentine's Day.

Seriously.

Prob around Valentine's Day.

Seriously.

You've been doing this for a while now, haven't you?

• 2 months later...

I see more chaps with MTB not putting on slicks, inc myself it's a mission swapping tubeless to slicks.

The high pitch humming on a smooth tar downhill has a certain charm to it, especially in a bunch of silent roadies ...

The high pitch humming on a smooth tar downhill has a certain charm to it, especially in a bunch of silent roadies ...

I don't particularly like it when there is a mtb in the group, but its true - I like that sound :thumbup:

Just bought a sub entry, now I need to sort out travel & accommodation. Plane flights are pricey, so I'm looking at alternatives. Has anyone used the train to get to the argus?

This is going to be the first time I will be riding the Argus, so obvious anxiety and excitement at the same time.

I am planning to ride it with my Mountain Bike using slicks of course, but wanted to find out what your thoughts are on this or if you've done it on a mtb before?

Thanks!

My nephew and his buddy are doing the Argus on a single speed bike (they never done the race before) - hahah if you thought MTB is difficult - think of guys on single speed bikes :blink:

Just bought a sub entry, now I need to sort out travel & accommodation. Plane flights are pricey, so I'm looking at alternatives. Has anyone used the train to get to the argus?

That is quite popular Gary, they sometime have full packages.

Google JB Tours. They normaly have a tour with Hotel Accommodation. Train used to be exclusively for Cyclist, but I heard that it became to expensive, so the "normal" train service is now used. This comes with it's own set of problems, as it is now "open" to all passengers.

Hotels they stay in is quite nice though, and right at the start.

That is quite popular Gary, they sometime have full packages.

Google JB Tours. They normaly have a tour with Hotel Accommodation. Train used to be exclusively for Cyclist, but I heard that it became to expensive, so the "normal" train service is now used. This comes with it's own set of problems, as it is now "open" to all passengers.

Hotels they stay in is quite nice though, and right at the start.

Thanks guys. Found out more. Unfortunately the trip is 7 days. I don't have the leave for that.