Argus 2014

vaalkol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this will be my first Argus..

Can someone please give a break down of the route?

Like a km for km breakdown of what to expect?

Where to cruise and where to push?

Hi Escapee..

have you received the Argus Magazine via post?

It gives a nice description of the route from point to point and what to expect.

Anything else you require? want us to ride your bike for you?

Its quick out the start chutes,

- you have a slight climb as you start to enter the suburbs (with in first 15-20mks)

- when you exist the suburbs get into a nice bunch and basically push right through to simons town (make sure you do some of the work on the front!!)

- after simons town, turn and climb smits winkle (nice climb quite steep to start and then tapers),

- your group will more than likely split on this hill you decide where you want to be

- there after some rolling hils (nice place to fuel) your split will normally stay together up to Chappies.

- Cappies - first little chappies (just a warm up) then big chappies (this is where you start to pray!) and hang onto the mountain goats at all costs.

- Down other side of chappies (its fast watch the toll gates) enter hout bay

- watch the cornering within hout bay

- Exit hout bay and hit suikerbossies - (you normally start questioning why you actually doing this as sport is supposed to be fun) the hill is relatively short (compared to Chappies) but quite steep. Again hang onto the mountain goats as this is basically the last push - your group will split again (you MUST be in a group when you go over the top of the hill)

- down the otherside of suikerbossies, personal preference but this is the best part of the race - the pace will start to dramatically lift as you enter camps bay - work with the group as there is a small climb as you pass the veda cafe at camps bay - you want to hit this with speed

- enter the suburbs, watch for the SHARP left hand down to the beach road

- onto the beach road and then the hammer gets dropped and it s field day to the end

- have a recovery drink straight after, relax for the afternoon - Tuesday back on the bike again :clap:

I think this is what you are looking for:

:thumbup:

Edited by Wired

Rode up Chappies this morning and was pleased to see that they have a digger working up there clearing the road. Rather late than never!

So that section at the bottom of Chappies should be cleared/wider in time for the Agrud (I hope) :thumbup:

Hi Escapee..

have you received the Argus Magazine via post?

It gives a nice description of the route from point to point and what to expect.

No Dom..not yet

Anything else you require? want us to ride your bike for you?

Its quick out the start chutes,

- you have a slight climb as you start to enter the suburbs (with in first 15-20mks)

- when you exist the suburbs get into a nice bunch and basically push right through to simons town (make sure you do some of the work on the front!!)

- after simons town, turn and climb smits winkle (nice climb quite steep to start and then tapers),

- your group will more than likely split on this hill you decide where you want to be

- there after some rolling hils (nice place to fuel) your split will normally stay together up to Chappies.

- Cappies - first little chappies (just a warm up) then big chappies (this is where you start to pray!) and hang onto the mountain goats at all costs.

- Down other side of chappies (its fast watch the toll gates) enter hout bay

- watch the cornering within hout bay

- Exit hout bay and hit suikerbossies - (you normally start questioning why you actually doing this as sport is supposed to be fun) the hill is relatively short (compared to Chappies) but quite steep. Again hang onto the mountain goats as this is basically the last push - your group will split again (you MUST be in a group when you go over the top of the hill)

- down the otherside of suikerbossies, personal preference but this is the best part of the race - the pace will start to dramatically lift as you enter camps bay - work with the group as there is a small climb as you pass the veda cafe at camps bay - you want to hit this with speed

- enter the suburbs, watch for the SHARP left hand down to the beach road

- onto the beach road and then the hammer gets dropped and it s field day to the end

- have a recovery drink straight after, relax for the afternoon - Tuesday back on the bike again :clap:

I see we are in the same starting group, thanks for the info dude

I hope you can hang on :whistling:

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kAKa2ctbLLs

:thumbup:

Hahaha awesome! :clap:

No Dom..not yet

I see we are in the same starting group, thanks for the info dude

I hope you can hang on :whistling:

Hahaha awesome! :clap:

Perfect, we must meet up - you driving down?

I will do my best to hand on - although to be honest actually busy relocating to the mother city that exact weekend of the Argus so haven't really done to much training! :eek:

Perfect, we must meet up - you driving down?

I will do my best to hand on - although to be honest actually busy relocating to the mother city that exact weekend of the Argus so haven't really done to much training! :eek:

We are yes, plan is to arrive there on Friday morning. Not too sure what the plans are then..

Relocating to the Mother City..you are doing it right!