[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

That concrete climb: Madness. I'll ride it one day when I grow up.

Distance 11 m Avg Grade 201.9% Elev Difference 21 m

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stop complaining :D why enter trailseeker ??? rather go do grondpaaitjie grand prix races in the far east between mielieland ?

i LOVED the race / route ! it was like cycling in heaven.....

Lol, indeed. In heaven with a leather clad lady with a whip :D

Very cool trail. Will be back for some exploring soon.

Already thought of riding to and from the venue +-70km with for example 15-30km of trails.

That will make an interesting +-5 hour outing. Né Maxi....

Already thought of riding to and from the venue +-70km with for example 15-30km of trails.

That will make an interesting +-5 hour outing. Né Maxi....

Wie's jou Maxi? n Maxi is n ding wat die dames gebruik.

As jy saam met my ry, doen ons die 55km tripple black ninja roete. ;p

Yes. But please note there is, as of this morning, a problem with one of the owners on Rinkhals. The amount of litter left on the route has already threatened our access. We will post more on that shortly. Riders need to get on board with this.

Very Sorry to hear this. My Fiance actually made a point of picking up some litter by the jumping castle area where she was sitting but she did comment that there was a bit of a shortage of bins to throw things away in. Personally I find it annoying to see gels and rubbish left on route (and being the beginner racer I am there are a lot of people ahead of me) and as such I always keep any rubbish I generate in my camel back to throw away at the finish. I can't understand how some people expect someone to follow the entire length of a race to pick up their litter. Really I think water points should have bins and there should be plenty of bins at the finish but on the trail people should bag it till they get back.

As a climber everyone is taught through peer pressure that you take your rubbish with you when you leave an area. That includes gross things like oily tuna cans and I have seen people go to great lengths to prevent the tuna oil messing up their pack so I don't understand why a gooey left over gel pack should pose such a problem. Even the most light weight cyclists wear a racing jersey with pockets. I say mtbing needs more peer pressure. Access is a very real concern and is one of the major discussion points within the climbing scene and litter directly affects access. The mtb community needs to realise that these are not public roads and the farmers have no obligation to allow you on their land so as in climbing we need to be concerned about keeping land owners happy. Climbing has lost a couple of stunning areas due to a few irresponsible people and I see all the same symptoms in the mtb community with one crucial difference - there are a lot more mtbers than climbers which means that code of conduct for them is even more critical by the sheer nature of numbers.

Yes. But please note there is, as of this morning, a problem with one of the owners on Rinkhals. The amount of litter left on the route has already threatened our access. We will post more on that shortly. Riders need to get on board with this.

I personally noticed a lot more litter than normal on this race? The strange thing was that a lot of the Gel packs were still full, so I am not sure if all of it was intentional? Nevertheless it is still litter and not what we want to leave behind as riders??

I personally noticed a lot more litter than normal on this race? The strange thing was that a lot of the Gel packs were still full, so I am not sure if all of it was intentional? Nevertheless it is still litter and not what we want to leave behind as riders??

I wonder how much of the litter is directly related to the items found in the goodie bags (i.e. the USN Gels) . I would not be entirely surprised if alot of people do not actually pack gels or items that turn into a nasty litter effect unless it's given to them for free (as opposed to riding with a banana or a chocolate) . I specifically saw alot of the exact USN gel bags as given to us for free, lying around on the trails.

I generally ride with a packet of some sort of jelly candy, which means i don't open it and try to empty it in one go. The gels on the other hand, i suppose people open it, drink/suck it down for the first time, realize it sucks and throw the packet down ;-/

Edited by silvertemplar

Hey guys,

With Summer in full swing and the temperatures reaching mid 30's at the races, please take a minute to read this important hydration article that our medical providers (Destination Medicine) have provided for you...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nissan-trailseeker/summer-is-here-and-with-not-only-the-racing-heating-up-here-are-some-tips-on-hyd/586856804707922

I found the ride very well organised overall and think that a good job was done. It was a very very tough ride for me and I noticed that there were a lot of DNF's in the results. Is that the real result or does that list of DNF's include those that did not start the ride?