94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

Hi Gerald,

Thanks so much for taking the trouble.

I followed your explanation to the letter and not winning.

I also tried to drag the file into the COURSES folder which also did not work.

I will try upload a screenshot - essentially the files in the COURSES folder are extension FIT and this file is a TCX if that helps.

Any ideas.

I am on a Mac BTW

post-27370-0-79115800-1382288327_thumb.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok The GPX file works - now I just need the 3:00 version :)

Thanks for the help Gerald.

edit - just seen that its the same file though it shows 3:08 (total time on perhaps?)

Edited by Rob K

Crazy to think it's only 3 weeks to the MTB race and 4 weeks to the road race ..... always consider the year just to rush to an end after that :(

True

And the time to the race will go by even quicker....was so ready for a good 70km mtb ride on Saturday and then the dreaded sound of a snapped spoke ended my journey.

Question. is there anyone riding the saturday before the 94.7 willing to take a tag along. I want to go for a small easy paced ride the Saturday before, but all the dodgyness that is GP I see on the hub makes me a little worried to go on my own, especially since I dont know Jhb too well, and may end up in a more than average level of dodgyness place. I am staying in Fourways while there.

Question. is there anyone riding the saturday before the 94.7 willing to take a tag along. I want to go for a small easy paced ride the Saturday before, but all the dodgyness that is GP I see on the hub makes me a little worried to go on my own, especially since I dont know Jhb too well, and may end up in a more than average level of dodgyness place. I am staying in Fourways while there.

Clubs typically don't mind visitors. You can diffidently come ride with my club (Cresta Wheelers), but we ride on a Sunday. Cyclelab ride on Saturdays from Cyclelab Fourways.

Edited by garyvdm

anyone know if we can still apply for reseeding?

Only have my time from the Satellite Classic this weekend...

Clubs typically don't mind visitors. You can diffidently come ride with my club (Cresta Wheelers), but we ride on a Sunday. Cyclelab ride on Saturdays from Cyclelab Fourways.

Thanks. I am looking specifically for a ride the Saturday before the 94.7 though. I am not looking to go all out, but just to stretch my legs with some company.

Ok The GPX file works - now I just need the 3:00 version :)

Thanks for the help Gerald.

edit - just seen that its the same file though it shows 3:08 (total time on perhaps?)

Yes, 3:00:05 was the ride time and the other 8 minutes was stationary time - puncture related.

What you should consider is the Vortex Cycle Challenge on Sat 9th Nov. its a great ride on the Moloto Road north of Pretoria. Quiet, a tiny bit of climbing, but mostly flat so LOTS of pedalling with no decents to hide. Usually a small field, bunch start, ride at what ever pace suits you (the youngsters usually drop everyone after 8 km lol, ) R100 entry fee - find the Vortex Cycle Club on facebook.

Thanks. I am looking specifically for a ride the Saturday before the 94.7 though. I am not looking to go all out, but just to stretch my legs with some company.

The twitter ride should be the Saturday before the race.

What you should consider is the Vortex Cycle Challenge on Sat 9th Nov. its a great ride on the Moloto Road north of Pretoria. Quiet, a tiny bit of climbing, but mostly flat so LOTS of pedalling with no decents to hide. Usually a small field, bunch start, ride at what ever pace suits you (the youngsters usually drop everyone after 8 km lol, ) R100 entry fee - find the Vortex Cycle Club on facebook.

That would be nice, but I live in Durban. I am only driving to Jhb on Friday 15 November. Looking to do some riding on Saturday 16 November. Nothing too hectic. 30-40km at easy pace.