94.7 Cycle Challenge 2013

StevieL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an awesome race. It was an extremely hot day. When I was riding back to my car I was flipping through my Garmin screen and the temperature was 39.

It was great to race again, I certainly missed the competitiveness. My only disappointment is the goodie bag. The pamphlets which goes straight to the bin. What has Tac crackers got to do with cycling?

Just downloaded my garmin info and has a max temp of 39, average at 33.1°C

Anyone find a 3 min difference between official time and own time keeping device? My garmin and iPhone have my time as 3 min faster, had the same thing at race to victory.

Are you sure the watch and phone aren't set to auto pause. Great for commuting but will give you the wrong time in a race.

1st lap - 2h48

2nd lap abandoned at the Lion Park. Just couldn't bear the thought of the N14 twice in one day. :wacko:

Well organized (again).

Crowd support 10/10. (Best I have seen in the 10 years I have done this event.)

So to all the supporters... Well done. You made it worthwhile for a lot of cyclists. :clap:

Highlights were the spectators, WP well manned and stocked (although i missed the biltong one on the N14 they had last year) fellow riders chirps, our company hospitality area with plenty beer and boerrie rolls available, oh and i got to meet the infamous "Steve".

Anyone find a 3 min difference between official time and own time keeping device? My garmin and iPhone have my time as 3 min faster, had the same thing at race to victory.

Also noticed this.

Just downloaded my garmin info and has a max temp of 39, average at 33.1°C

Please don't start the temperature thing....as was the case with Berg and Bush 2013 thread. Just say it was B,H,S,F,C hot....

Are you sure the watch and phone aren't set to auto pause. Great for commuting but will give you the wrong time in a race.

have the auto stop detect feature turned off on both devices..not the first time I've been to the dance chaps!

Was my first 94.7. Did a 4h09 from PP according to garmin...provisional results show 4h11.

But I am happy. The race organizing was superb from the start to the finish. Didn't like the littering on the route, and put all my wrappers and papers in my back pockets. The Cokes at the finish were great.

Saw those two crashes as well on the one downhill and we had to slow down...and just as you get off the N14, three guys took a tumble.

I was thinking of going for a sub 4 at one stage, but cramped lightly from 70 odd km, so stood and pedaled most of the climbs to the end.

Will be back next year.

Well done to all the hubbers who achieved their race targets, to the Cows towing those ice cream bikes, and thanks to the guy on the N14 with the orange boom box...and to the guys riding for charity and towing the disable kids/persons...gave us normal okes lots to be thankful for

Yeah, not to make it sound like a complaint, but the result times are slower than the actual time.

The time difference is no problem to me ,I'm just disapointed not to have broke the 3 hr mark

No result on RaceTec for me :thumbdown:

I need this result for my seeding on Argus

Yap me too - PB for me yesterday! Few of my buddies also don't have results yet so best is to hang on a day or two and then see.