Light fast rolling tyre.....durable....

Guest Smimby

Guest Smimby

It might have been mention here before but I could not find the thread.

What would be a fast rolling tyre, tubeless and decent durable that one can use on a ride like Karoo to Coast and 7weeks?

Spez fastrack for excample

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralphs (maybe Snakeskin if you are worried about weight) and Conti Race King UST comes to mind.

Both roll pretty well, durable and has ok grip.

The Ralph snakeskins are not as puncture and cut proof as the UST's. (Contrary to popular believe).

Fastrack's are nice as well!

Just don’t take any of these above onto tar. Won't last very long.

Edited by jmic

Johan, I think he probably means "less rolling resistance".

Don't spoil my fun. I'm having a bad day and need to take it out on somebody.

What would be a fast rolling tyre, tubeless and decent durable that one can use on a ride like Karoo to Coast and 7weeks?

The tyre with the lowest rolling resistance will be the least durable one and the tyre with the highest rolling resistance will be the most durable one. Durability is robustness over time.

Therefore, you can't have your cake and eat it.

You guys notice a difference in rolling resistance in tires? Considering the tires weigh about the same I can't really tell.

It is a pitty they dont make the Vredestein Killer Bee anymore. THE fastest rolling tyre i have ever came accros

Don't spoil my fun. I'm having a bad day and need to take it out on somebody.

There's lots of roadies here.... :ph34r:

Fastracks would serve well or a set of Suguaro's ... actually I would say Suguaro's before the Fast Tracks just due to the fact I find/found their sidewalls to be a little tougher.

Guest Smimby

The tyre with the lowest rolling resistance will be the least durable one and the tyre with the highest rolling resistance will be the most durable one. Durability is robustness over time.

Therefore, you can't have your cake and eat it.

Fully agree.

Was thinking to something light within reason. Ie not RR standard R90 tyre as the sidewall us paper thin.

So I wanted to know which tyre most people will trust enough to do K2c on that has low rolling resistance and weight within reason.

Guest Smimby

Fastracks would serve well or a set of Suguaro's ... actually I would say Suguaro's before the Fast Tracks just due to the fact I find/found their sidewalls to be a little tougher.

Where can one find them in CPT?

Guest Smimby

Maxxis Larsen TT. Best tyre ever made. Connected centre knobs make it roll very nicely.

thanks will have a look at them also