Neils Wheels - Petition

Cyclosport

Raait

If the agreement was between Mr I Needmoney and Neil as an individual you’ve got nothing to stand on.

But

If the agreement was between Mr I Needmoney and Neil, as Neil’s’ Wheels representative you may have a possible recourse. Pawnshops and moneylenders need to be registered entities. But try and prove that in a court of law.

Actually,

I am Thumb sucking.

So, let me get this straight.

Until 2 minutes to closing today you had no problem with our dear friend Neil.

You do say that you know him for the past four years, don’t you? So, you know about his reputation...

But 3 months ago you did nothing to stop your mate from doing business with him?

The deal was: Neil gives Mr I Needmoney an amount of R7500-00 to be paid back after a period of 3 months that end with business today. If Neil doesn't get his money, Mr I Needmoney bicycle becomes his.

An extension of lending period will depend on the generosity of the lender: there was no extension. The agreed amount was not paid by the close of work today; Mr I Needmoney bike is his no more.

I stand for Neil.

PS how old are you guys?

Edited by No Hare

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO there's a way to do business and there's a way not to. In a highly competitive market segment, LBSs have to rely heavily on relationships with their clients for continued support. This example falls into the 'the way NOT to do business' and 'sure way to lose your customers' area.

I'm sorry to hear Cyclosport. Why didnt he come to you?

Isnt this the same NEILS WHEELS!! that was found to be in posession of numerous missing/stolen bikes>?

How the hell is he still operating>? :mellow:

Isnt this the same NEILS WHEELS!! that was found to be in posession of numerous missing/stolen bikes>?

How the hell is he still operating>? :mellow:

I do believe that you are correct.

If this is a known fact why the hell would you go to a guy like that to pawn something???

Maybe they never knew,think he was only exposed on the hub.So if you didnt frequent this site or those posts,spose you would never of known... :mellow:

Plus all those old posts got lost with the hub bigbangof2013 :oops:

Maybe they never knew,think he was only exposed on the hub.So if you didnt frequent this site or those posts,spose you would never of known... :mellow:

Plus all those old posts got lost with the hub bigbangof2013 :oops:

True true true,

Neilswheels...the saga continues......dirty bike dealer to pawn shop owner.

If your friend and Neil signed he invoice then there isn't much that he can do.Your friend is pretty negligent to try and find the cash on the last day.These pawn okes will eat you for breakfast.

Go to local SAPS and find out if he has a secondhand and pawn license if not you may have more of a leg to stand on.

Doesn't sound like NW's is in the wrong here based on the agreement, but ethically if the oke is asking for a few more hrs, just grant it.

Personally, this shop is very close to where i reside but I never support this shop, wont even go there for a tube.

Is there a thread where Hubbers can rate an LBS according the their experience? From such a (subjective) rating system hopefully fewer guys will go to shops like NW and will support highly rated LBSs more.

Nope, Look at second post from Cyclosport

All that post shows is after 4 years of knowing sum1 ...maybe you still dont know them.

I dont see neil being wrong in this instance, except for if he was a mate for 4 years and now not asnwering your calls after a deal that closed 5 mins ago is .... :thumbdown:

Known him for 4 years cos I live in the area.

Long story short, Buddy of mine needs some cash and so gives his 29er to value of R18Kin for a buy back after 3 months.

Neil gives a written invoice and the deal is R7500 to be paid after 3 months which ends today 31st August 2013.

my bud runs around today to get the money together and Neil sends him a sms to the note of "Thanks for the Giant 29er, I am now the owner as agreed"

Neil doesn't want to hear anything cos he is now the rightful owner of the bike.

Note, that this sms was sent 2 min before closing his shop and after my buddy was pleading with him to grant him an extension for an EFT to be done.

If its the same neil its probably because he has a fish baited to pay 12k+ for said 29er,the minute the deal fell through <_<

Wasn't there a legal case recently where a businessman leant a colleague a few million rands. The colleague never repaid the loan and the case went to court. The businessman lost the case as he was not a registered credit provider.

Doubt Neils Wheels is a registered credit provider.

I feel for your mate

People judge so easily not knowing exactly what his situation is and don't know exactly why he needed the cash.

Niel might not be wrong but he could of handled this differently