Greg Minnaar takes gold at 2013 MTB World Champs

Meentb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was so awesome to be there to witness Greg's win. So much pressure for him and pulls of such a brilliant win on home soil!

Mr Min you biscuit !!!

Kudos to Jared Graves on his single crown wooki enduro bike too - flip it was exciting to watch !!

Edited by Skott5

incredible........remember seeing him do 'foot ups' as it was known then at the jonkershoek nationals in 1996 (I think) and thinking this sub-junior is going to go places......like everyone else back then he was riding a Wheeler......I even had a speadsheet until a few years ago keeping tally of every world cup, norba and world champs result he had......the pressure he must have been under......wow.

I need to find a VHS player and watch "The Circus" showing the 2001 season when he took the world cup from nico......

no funny size wheels, no shortened travel, no air shock, no 180mm rotors, no dropper seatpost.......just skills.

no funny size wheels, no shortened travel, no air shock, no 180mm rotors, no dropper seatpost.......just skills.

and a planetspinning quantities of strength endurance.

Mr Min you biscuit !!!

Kudos to Jared Graves in his single crown wooki enduro bike too - flip it was exciting to watch !!

post-22685-1378054002,7179.jpg

The Graves rocket. Full Saint setup with a Fox 36 180mm monster on the front.

single crown forks in DH makes me very happy.......Minnaar to race the Bronson at world cup finals....!

anyone mentioned 'that' *cough* 29er.....??

single crown forks in DH makes me very happy.......Minnaar to race the Bronson at world cup finals....!

Yup - couple posts back.

Thought it's supposed to run over gnarly stuff easier than 26ers.

Skills is key here!

listen up, this is a thread for DH world champs, not jeeptrack world chumps.. ok?? :offtopic:

:P :D

Edited by Capricorn

Congrats Greg! You're the man!

I've quickly worked it out at roughly 47,1 km/h average!

& the 0.4 seconds (+-) that he was faster than MH is +-5 metres!

I was thinking Greg is losing too much speed between those 3 big jumps when he didn't pedal at all, but he nailed it!

The body language and look on Hannah's face when he realised Greg has beaten him.....priceless.

Saw that.