Race for Victory 15/9/2013

Speed Racer

the front of E should probably come close to a 3 - 3:10 ,There will be wind . . . I belief this is a tough race . . . in EL , I'll be happy with a 3h15 . . .

any takers ?

Tell you tomorrow after I know which batch I'm starting in, aiming for 3:15 or better. Wind permitting, weather looks great.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many would argue that is what draws them to cycling, the pain and effort. It certainly is not an easy sport and to do well requires lots of sacrifices and effort. That is what makes the rewards of completing a race/trail etc so much sweeter. You earn the beer you have afterwards. ;)

I dont even like beer. but ill.admit that after a few races even i have had beer. was entered for the 110km but after thinking long and hard i have decided to rather do the 54 km. I have yet to finish a long race before cutt off time.still.finished,but got no result. so ill do a long one end okt. will.be fitter then.

I dont even like beer. but ill.admit that after a few races even i have had beer. was entered for the 110km but after thinking long and hard i have decided to rather do the 54 km. I have yet to finish a long race before cutt off time.still.finished,but got no result. so ill do a long one end okt. will.be fitter then.

With regular training you will soon manage a long race with ease. Then the goal will be to keep doing them faster and faster. Sure you will do great in the 54km as well!

With regular training you will soon manage a long race with ease. Then the goal will be to keep doing them faster and faster. Sure you will do great in the 54km as well!

My aim at this stage is to improve my speed. so looking forward to this one to see what i can do on a fairly flat race.

Dips you better wait for us and then pull us home

Seriously dude I am waaaay off at the moment, and when OOM gets a better seeding he is gone like next months pay check, that old bugger waits for no man,,,,,,he is a time chaser( unless you drinking with him)

i was GL, just asked why so low and got bumped up to EL, not to stress, i am riding with a close friend who is doing his first race over 50km so going to try get him over the line in sub 3:30. lets see how it goes - good luck to all

This is my first road race ever and only doing 54km after only being back in training of any kind for a month due to a shattered foot in december... not sure what to expect but looking forward to it. As for the route i ride most of it 2-3 times a week and it is as mentioned "flat as a pancake" 80-90% of the race will be in big chain ring :)

This is my first road race ever and only doing 54km after only being back in training of any kind for a month due to a shattered foot in december... not sure what to expect but looking forward to it. As for the route i ride most of it 2-3 times a week and it is as mentioned "flat as a pancake" 80-90% of the race will be in big chain ring :)

.??? I rode the race last year, is it the same route or should I go and check the profile???now u guys have got me thinking is it the same ROUTE????

Should be 100%

.??? I rode the race last year, is it the same route or should I go and check the profile???now u guys have got me thinking is it the same ROUTE????

Slight change to last year...

Turn left after Kareekloof entrance, like Ride for Sight, then right a few Km's up the road.

Turn right after aerials then back on same route as last year.

Just before the R59, turn right to pass the Circus, instead of going up the R557 passed Bosco/Ferrero factory

Only real climb i know of that can be considered will be in the beginning coming up towards walkerville... otherwise easy sailing the whole route... BUT the head wind on those flat open roads can make you will feel like you climbing even when you going downhill ;)