Best cycling insurance

GhostSixFour

What is the best cycling insurance? I can add my bikes to my home + contents policy, but then they won't be covered when in transit or during competitions. I would really like them to be covered whenever.. I have contacted cyclesure, and they seem to be quite good. Anyone else I should consider?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MiWay offer an All Risk policy, to races, during races, from races and pretty much everywhere else. I did question them about different scenarios and all apparently covered.

Premiums are lower as I have insured my house and contents as well.

general premiums are good, and excess on all cover is a flat amount of your chosing.

So far so good... not sure if anybody has had any bad experiences with MiWay? They specifically advertise cycling cover..

I have sent MiWay a request now, don't know about that i-cycleinsurance, do you have any personal experience? Their website looks dodge, and I don't to claim only to find they are semi-bankrupt..

I have sent MiWay a request now, don't know about that i-cycleinsurance, do you have any personal experience? Their website looks dodge, and I don't to claim only to find they are semi-bankrupt..

They based in Kzn. watch there Facebook page. They at most the races. sponsor riders etc. I asked for quote and was replied within 2 hrs. covered as soon as the form was sent back

They based in Kzn. watch there Facebook page. They at most the races. sponsor riders etc. I asked for quote and was replied within 2 hrs. covered as soon as the form was sent back

Took the chance, sent them a mail now.

Cycle Sure? ok, didn't see the post above.... i am with them and i have had no issues.

Edited by BushGoblin

Discovery, i recently changed everything over, house, cars, quad, bikes, etc...

i claimed within the 1st month of being with them, paid out in 48 hrs

give them a shout they competitive

im with cyclesure. a bit more expensive, but I know I am covered for everything!

I left them after years, got tired of their rules (kind of understand them as many people abuse the system for new bikes). Just be careful I asked about many cases. So if your at a race, park your bike against a post, run into the porta toilet come out and your bike is gone, they won't pay out. Now we all know we that is a real senario. I asked many questions of thier rules. Basically on this rule you have to have it locked to something at ALL times when unattended. I am not trying to screw an insurance company over with false claims but i also want to live in the real world and we can't chain our bikes 24/7 especially at races. Would mean you carry a chain with you all the time. Oh and it has to be min 12mm gauge cable with SABS lock.

PMG Consulting simply adds the bikes to your all risk cover of one's short term insurance. So you get covered for basically every scenario you can think off.......

Bike's being stolen at home

Bike's being stolen while on the car/in transit

Bike's being jacked while riding

Breakage due to a fall

Sure it's a premium to pay but at least I know my Dale's are fully covered

You can try AON Insurance as well. Had absolutely fantastic service from them. Covered for everything including races as long as you're not a professional cyclist

PMG Consulting simply adds the bikes to your all risk cover of one's short term insurance. So you get covered for basically every scenario you can think off.......

Bike's being stolen at home

Bike's being stolen while on the car/in transit

Bike's being jacked while riding

Breakage due to a fall

Sure it's a premium to pay but at least I know my Dale's are fully covered

Mutual and Federal Short term cover is the same as above - had to claim beginning of the year and they were very helpful, paid out the insured value no issues.